Saturday, December 30, 2023

This Week in Reading - December 31


It's Sunday Post time!  This is hosted by the awesome Caffeinated Book Reviewer and gives us all a chance to recap our week.

What I Got:

Nothing!  No new books!  

Currently:


Reading:
  The Cinderella Murder by Mary Higgins Clark and Alafair Burke

Listening: Iron Flame by Rebecca Yarros

I'll be scrambling to finish these by the end of the day.  I can't stand to have a book run over to the beginning of the new year.

This has been an interesting reading year where I focused on reading books I've been meaning to read or books I was excited to read.  I did discover that I was pretty good at reading books from the library but once a book landed on my shelf it was a bit like it fell into a black hole and I would forget about it.

I'm looking forward to getting a fresh start with new reading lists and goals on New Year's Day!

Happy New Year's and have a wonderful week!

9 comments:

  1. No new books for a week that included Christmas? That's impressive self-control.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year!!! I hope you get to finish both of those. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the same way. I don't like any books carrying over to the new year. Hope you finish yours. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's funny because my reading habits are just the opposite of yours. I start books in December that I purposefully finish on January 1st!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes once I buy a book there is no rush to read it! It's the ARCs and library books with due dates I get finished. I've done better with it this year. Happy New Year Katherine.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes books that come to our shelf do tend to fall in a hole because I think there is no pressure on us to read them. They are safe for whenever. And whenever sometimes falls into hardly ever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't like carrying over books in progress into a new year either. Happy 2024!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did have one carry over but I'm only about half way through. I don't imagine I will finish it soon, but before the end of the month is realistic. Especially since I've started a couple other books. I hope you are enjoying The Cinderella Murder. Enjoy your reading and have a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year! 🙌🙌🙌

    ReplyDelete