Saturday, December 30, 2023

How I Did With My Reading Goals in 2023

 

1.  Read 200 Books - Smashed it!  I hit 200 books with weeks to spare!  

2.  Finish 2022 ARCs - I think I ended up only having 1 2022 review book and I did get that finished.  I ended up DNFing it which feels a little like cheating but I was really not enjoying the book so it is what it is.

3.  Finish 2023 ARCs - Done!  With more than a week to spare!

4.  Finish My Classic Mystery List - I finished the last book right after Christmas.  While I do enjoy reading more classic mysteries I'm not sure I'm going to bring this goal into 2024 as there are so many other books I want to read.

5.  Finish or Catch Up on 10 Series - Finished by the skin of my teeth.  The good news is that over the last few years I've caught up on a LOT of series.  But because of this I think I've gotten rid of all the series where I just had a few to read.  I'm going to keep some kind of series project going but I'm definitely going to change the goal.


6.  Finish My Priority List - At the beginning of the year I made a list of 5 books I own and 5 books at the library that I really wanted to read and they were my priority.  I really enjoyed this and got all 10 read pretty quickly.  This is definitely something I'd like to do again and would like to figure out a way to expand this without going overboard.  

7.  Read 10 Overdue Review Books - I got this done and plan on keeping this going into 2024 so I can keep making progress on the NetGalley backlog!

8.  Finish the 3 Agatha Christie Play Adaptations - Done and I enjoyed them more than I expected.  I definitely want to get back to reading Agatha Christie in 2024.  

9.  Read 5 Nonfiction Books - Did this and really enjoyed mixing in nonfiction as it isn't a genre I gravitate to on my own.  I may up the goal for 2024.  

10.  Read 2 Random Book Choices - I ended up using TBR Tarot cards that I got off Etsy for this and had the best time and read two books I really enjoyed.  I'm definitely working this in for 2024 because it was a lot of fun.

How did you do with your reading goals in 2023?

12 comments:

  1. I'm so impressed by you reading 200 books - I struggle to hit 100. This year I wasn't even close. What's your secret?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rocked this year for your reading goals! Impressive. I like the sound of some of your personal challenges such as #6, finishing your priority list. As for series, I am a hopeless addict for detective series, especially those set in the British Isles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Priority List!!! I like that idea! I'd been trying to read the books that have been on my TBR the longest and the most recent adds but that leaves out everything in between. I started a "read me soon" list on Goodreads in 2023 so I need to add books from that into the 2024 mix like you did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on reading 200 books! I must make a priority list this year also from the huge TBR shelf. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for reading 200 books in 2023! That's so awesome. I like your goal of finishing or getting caught up in 10 series...I want to do something like that next year. I'm hoping to read more nonfiction, too. Happy New Year! 😎

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had an awesome reading year Katherine. You also had some wonderful goals which you smashed. I'd still try to keep them a stretch but obtainable because reading is fun.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice! You rocked your goals this year. Very impressive.

    Also, TBR tarot cards? How fun is that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well I'd say that's an excellent result to your reading goals for 2023. You sure knocked it out of the park.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on an impressive reading year! I managed 147 books read (not my highest year but not my lowest). Wishing you a wonderful 2024 year in books.
    Mary @Bookfan

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great reading year you had! I hope 2024 is good too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did great with your goals, Katherine! I am still considering what goals I want to tackle this year. I probably will keep it simple again because I don't want the pressure. I do like the idea of making a priority list of books I keep wanting to read but haven't yet.

    ReplyDelete