Friday, August 12, 2022

Friday Five - August TBR


I'm taking a bit of a break from my usual Friday Linkups to try something a little different.  I'm in a list making kind of mood so I thought I'd start making random five lists.  Sometimes they'll be bookish other weeks not so much.  Normally I do my monthly TBR on the first Friday of the month but last week was chaos so I'm a bit behind.  But here are the 5 books I'm hoping to read (or have already read!) this month.


1.  A Certain Darkness by Anna Lee Huber - This is the most recent book in one of my favorite series and I'm really looking forward to reading this one!


2.  Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency by Douglas Adams - I love Adams' sense of humor and this has been on my TBR shelf for ages so I'm really looking forward to reading this one.


3.  The Bookshop of Yesterdays by Amy Meyerson - This book has been gathering dust on my NetGalley shelf but it looks lovely and I'm looking forward to giving it a try.


4.  Death on Tap by Ellie Alexander - I love this author's Bakeshop mysteries but haven't read her series around a brewery in Leavenworth, Washington.


5.  Buried in a Good Book by Tamara Berry - This is a newish book and I've heard great reviews for it so I want to read it before the series really gets going.

What are you hoping to read this month?

8 comments:

  1. Katherine, I enjoy making lists like these and of course, you and other bloggers always add a few new ones to those lists LOL. I hope you had a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buried in a Good Book does sound good. I want to read that one, too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Adams book sounds very different, they all sound good, and I love the cover of Buried In A Good Book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anything by Anna Lee Huber will be good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't recognize any of these and I really really shouldn't start digging deeper.. But doesn't Buried in a good book just scream to be read?

    I should start doing monthly updates again, it might help me to sort my crazy planner a bit!

    Hope you are well and having a good weekend!

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did enjoy the Anna Lee Huber book. And guess what I spent a day at Levenworth Washington! And had a jug of beer! So maybe I'd better see out Death on Tap and I do like the look of Buried in a Book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun list. I read Buried in a Good Book and really enjoyed it. I'm also intrigued with The Bookshop of Yesterdays.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Bookshop of Yesterdays does look good. I hope you love it. 📚

    ReplyDelete