Thursday, August 18, 2022

Books from the Backlog - The Pint of No Return


Today I'm linking up with Carole from Carole's Random Life of Books for Books from the Backlog.  I really enjoy the chance to feature a book that's been hiding in the piles of books for far too long!

Goodreads:  The Pint of No Return by Ellie Alexander

Blurb:  No other festival compares to Oktoberfest in Leavenworth, Washington. The whole town is buzzing with excitement over this year’s activities and eagerly awaiting Nitro’s latest offering Cherrywizen, made with locally sourced cherries. But local brewmaster Sloan Krause is tapped out. Between trying to manage the pub, her pending divorce with Mac, and her mounting feelings for Garrett, she’s fermenting in internal turmoil.

To complicate matters, dreamy movie star Mitchell Morgan and his production crew have arrived in the village to film during the authentic Bavarian brewfest. Mitchell has his eye on Sloan and a taste for Nitro’s Cherrywizen. Sloan escapes his advances for good when she finds Mitchell slumped over the bar. Is this a case of one pint too many, or has Mitchell been murdered by microbrew?

Why It Needs to Come Off the Shelf:  I got this off NetGalley ages ago without realizing it was the 2nd book in the series.  Now that I've read the first book I really need to read this one!

5 comments:

  1. I love the title. And I love that it takes place during an Okotberfest festival!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again, a title with such a fun pun in it. Oh and I'm a poet... I'll take a look at this series, it does seem like fun!

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to read this series. It sounds like a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy this series as well. Leavenworth is a fun setting and I like the characters, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for getting a backlist NetGalley ARC read. 👏👏👏

    ReplyDelete