Wednesday, September 4, 2024

What I'm Reading Wednesday - September 4

I always have a few books going.  Here is what I'm reading and what I'm thinking about them.

Print Book: 


Haunted Ever After by Jen DeLuca - I just started this one so I don't have an opinion on it yet but the premise was really calling my name and I've really been looking forward to reading it.

I think I'm going to pick up a book off my September TBR list next but not sure which one.

Ebook:  


The Cold Light of Day by Anna Lee Huber - So far so good with this one which isn't surprising as I really enjoy everything I've read by this author and every book in this series.

Next up is A Slay Ride Together With You by Vicki Delaney

Slow Read: 


Wonderdog: The Science of Dogs and Their Unique Friendship with Humans by Jules Howard - This is really interesting though a bit on the techincal side.  It's definitely not the easiest read but it's given me a lot to think about it.

Audio Book:  


Peppermint Barked by Leslie Budewitz - This is the next book in the Spice Shop series that I've really been enjoying.  This has been another entertaining read so far though just the title has me wanting Peppermint Bark!

What are you reading today?

8 comments:

  1. Haunted Ever After was pretty cute. I enjoyed the ghosts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm onto Peter Heller's book Burn. Just making my fall reading list now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought Haunted Ever After was fun. I didn't love it as much as I did her Ren Faire romances, but I did enjoy reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you're enjoying another trip to Seattle with me! The only downside of a culinary cozy on audio is no recipes, and I don't want you to miss out on Peppermint Bark, so here's Pepper's version -- always in season! https://www.mysteryloverskitchen.com/2022/07/double-chocolate-peppermint-bark.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to read the Spice Shop series. It looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you're enjoying your current reads. I started the new Frances Mayes novel, A Good Marriage, which is good so far. Today I got my library hold of The Safekeep, which is on the Booker Longlist, so I started that, too... first 40 pages are excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have high hopes for Haunted Ever After and hope you are enjoying it. I really want to read the Anna Lee Huber book as well. I hope you enjoy your reading and have a great week, Katherine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed the latest Anna Lee Huber book, I got a little bogged down with all the sides on the Irish history but it was so well done.

    ReplyDelete