Friday, September 13, 2024

Friday Fives - Five Nonfiction Books on My TBR


I'm in a list making kind of mood so I thought I'd start making random fve lists.  Sometimes they'll be bookish other weeks not so much.  Here school starts at the beginning of August but it my head September is the beginning of the school and always has me wanting to learn new things and pick up some nonfiction.  Here are 5 nonfiction titles on my TBR.


1. Betty Ford: First Lady, Woman's Advocate, Survivor, Trailblazer by Lisa McCubbin - I read a book about First Ladies a few years ago and was really interested in Betty Ford.  She's an interesting woman in her own right and her courage in talking about addiction and advocating for treatment is amazing.   I'd really like to know more about her.


2.  A Gentleman and a Thief:  the Daring Jewel Heists of a Jazz Age Rogue by Dean Jobbs - I've read another book by this author and enjoyed it and this one just sounds so fun!


3.  Agatha Christie: An Elusive Woman by Lucy Worsley - I adore Lucy Worsley and Christie is my very favorite author so even though I've read quite a bit about Christie I'm very curious to read this one.


4.  How to Keep House While Drowning: A Gentle Approach to Cleaning and Organizing by K.C. Davis - Now that Will is feeling healthy and his energy levels are back up in normal range it feels like we are constantly on the go.  While it has been wonderful to see him be him again I'm exhausted and having to relearn how to balance things again.  This looks like a gentle way to start adding things back in.


5.  The Falcon Thief:  A True Tale of Adventure, Treachery and the Hunt for the Perfect Bird by Joshua Hammer - How can I resist that subtitle?  And I do love a good bird book but no little about falconry.  

What nonfiction books do you have on your TBR?

6 comments:

  1. I wonder if there will be a Nonfiction November this year. These would be perfect for that event.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Gentleman and a Thief does sound like a lot of fun! I love reading good nonfiction and learning about people and places and times I didn't know about before. I just finished reading Tap Code about POWs in Vietnam that was excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting books. They sound really good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of these sound like they will be great reads. I hadn't thought of this time of year being a good one for nonfiction, but it makes sense. I admit I am most interested in How to Keep House While Drowning--and actually have had it on my wish list for awhile now. I think I should maybe think about actually getting my hands on a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These all look really good - I like the Betty Ford book especially and would read it. But the others appeal as well although maybe not the bird book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I should read How to Keep House While Drowning as a counter to the Marie Kondo book. I do have my first No Kondo, Marie post ready to go, but I wanted to have a second post ready so I'm one ahead with the feature. ☺

    ReplyDelete