Tuesday, September 17, 2024

Ten Books On My Library Checkout List

 

I love my library and here are ten books that I've either checked out or am on the waitlist for.  Now fingers crossed that I actually read these before I have to return them!


1.  The Only One Left by Riley Sager - I've been on the waitlist for the audio of this one for months and it just came through.  I'm so excited to start it.

2.  The Crow Trap by Ann Cleeves - This is the first Vera Stanhope mystery and I've been wanting to read it forever!  

3.   An Inconvenient Wife by Karen E Olson - A modern take on Henry IIIV.  It sounds like such a great read!  I've hit the last renewel for this one so fingers crossed!

4.  Here One Moment by Liane Moriarty - I'm on the hold list for this one and not expecting to get it anytime soon but so far I've enjoyed everything I've read by her so I have high hopes.

5.  The Kamogawa Food Detectives by Hisashi Kashiwai - This looks wonderful and I've read some great reviews for it.


6.  A Ruse of Shadows by Sherry Thomas - I love this series and am looking forward to reading the newest book.

7.  A Morbid Taste for Bones by Ellis Peters - In the Spice Shop mysteries by Leslie Budewitz the main character references the Brother Cadfael mysteries by Ellis Peters quite a bit and somehow I've never read them. I'mhoping to read this one before it has to go back!

8.  The Antique Hunter's Guide to Murder by C.L. Miller -  This one has been on my TBR since it came out!

9.  When Did We Lose Harriet? by Patricia Sprinkle - This mystery series looks quirky and pretty fun.  I got a few at a used bookstore but I want to read this one which is the first in the series before I start those.

10. Shadows at the Fair by Lea Waite - This is the first in a series by one of my favorite cozy authors.  

Are you a big library user?  What books do you have out from the library at the moment?

5 comments:

  1. I am on the wait list for the most recent of the Vera Stanhope books. It's a good series although I did not care for the televised version. Hope you like Crow Trap and if so, yuo've loads more in the series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Sherry Thomas. I have enjoyed other Ann Cleeves but still want to read Vera Stanhope.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delighted to introduce you to the Brother Cadfael books by the late Ellis Peters. Cadfael was an herbalist, and my main gal, Pepper, who runs a spice shop in Seattle's Pike Place Market, calls him her spirit guide. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've got a great list on your library holds. It is so good when they do come in. Hope you enjoy the audio that has just come in. I have two print books waiting for me to pick up at the library. So good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you get a chance to read them. They look like great books.

    ReplyDelete