Saturday, September 7, 2024

Reading Recap - August 2024

 


Monthly Recap:

Monthly Reading Count -  15 -This is probably my lowest count for the year but this month has been crazy busy.  I think things are settling down soon though.

Print - 3
Ebook - 5
Audiobook -7

Mystery - 10
Fiction - 3
Romance - 2

Favorite Books of the Month:


Favorite AudioEveryone in My Family Has Killed Someone by Benjamin Stevenson - This was funny, entertaining, and a super solid mystery with a few surprises.


Favorite Read:
  The Rose Arbor by Rhys Bowen - This was one of those right books at the right time kind of reads.  I liked the characters and got caught up in this historical mystery.

Between a Flock and a Hard Place by Donna Andrews - This is the latest in one of my absolute favorite cozy mystery series.  Lots of hijinks and shenanigans and a good mystery.

Least Favorite Read of the Month:  Little GIrl Vanished by Denise Grover Swank - I did enjoy the mystery but disliked all the characters.

This Month's Armchair Travel: 


Domestic Travel:
I visited Colorado and Arkansas for the first time this year.  I also revisited California (twice), New York, Washington, Virginia, Maine, and Massachusetts.

International Travel:
In addition to my usual visits to England (three times) I also visited Scotland, Australia, and Singapore.

What was your favorite read this month?  Where did your books take you?

4 comments:

  1. You had a lot of travle through books. I had a lower reading count last month as I read a fat novel and was recovering from Covid so, no time for reading. I am making a fall list now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has seemed like a slow reading time these past couple months for me. You did well though. My favorites were Spirit Crossing by William Kent Krueger and This is Why We Lied by Karin Slaughter.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen a couple of readers saying they enjoyed The Rose Arbor so will put it into my listening line up soon. Everyone in my Family Has Killed Someone sounds fun. I guess you have been getting back into the school year again after the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed Everyone in My Family Has Killed Someone too. I thought that the second book was also very good and hope to see more of the series. It looks like you had a good month overall.

    ReplyDelete