Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Top Ten Tuesday - Ten Road Trip Books


Today I'm linking up with Top Ten Tuesday hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl which is all about lists.  Since lists are one of my favorite things this is one of my favorite linkups!  Today's topic is a freebie and since I have a few vacations planned this year I'm thinking about books I'm going to bring on my upcoming road trips.  I'm not always the biggest reader on vacations but it is always good to be prepared!


1. The Golden Spoon by Jessa Maxwell - This looks Gothic-y and fun with murder and a baking competition.  Perfect to distract me on long car rides but not too spooky that I won't be able to sleep.

2.  I Was Told There'd Be Cake by Sloane Crosby - This is a book of essays so sounds like good reading for travel or for when I'm tired out from my vacationing.

3.  The Haunting of Maddy Clare by Simone St James - This looks like a nice creepy read that will keep me interesting if the car ride gets too long or if I have a hard time sleeping in an unfamiliar place.

4.  The Bookshop of Dust and Dreams by Mindy Thompson - Just in case I can't sleep in an unfamiliar place and I don't want anything spooky I think this magical middle grade involving books sounds perfect.

5.  Never Turn Your Back on an Angus Cow: My Life as a Country Vet by Jan Pol - I have a friend who loves Dr. Pol and has enjoyed this book and it sounds like an interesting one that will work great for vacation.  


6.  At the Coffee Shop of Curiosities by Heather Webber - I do love a little magical realism and both books I've read by this author have been winners.  This seems like a fantastic book to read sitting by the pool or on a hotel balcony which just the right amount of sun.

7.  Raiders of the Lost Heart by Jo Segura - This looks sweet and fun and a bit outlandish which makes it perfect road trip reading!

8.  Flipped for Murder by Maddie Day - I can't go on vacation without a cozy mystery!  There's always space for a nice cozy mystery - especially a foodie one!

9.  The Murder at the Vicarage by Agatha Christie - I also can't go on vacation without a Christie book and this is the Read Christie Challenge book for April. 

10. Sunrise by the Sea by Jenny Colgan - I haven't had the best luck with the last couple of books I've read from this author but this one looks good and looks like a good vacation book.

What books would you take with you on vacation? Do you read much on vacation?


3 comments:

  1. Well I am certainly intrigued by the Coffee Shop and Golden Spoon books! I love your lists.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice list! I always like Colgan's books. RAIDERS OF THE LOST HEART looks super cute. It's on my TBR even though I'm not a big romance reader. THE GOLDEN SPOON, unfortunately, was a big disappointment for me. I loved the premise, but the pacing was really slow and the prose was blah, and, yeah, I just didn't love it. Hopefully, you like it better than I did.

    Happy TTT (on a Wednesday)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice list to be prepared. At the Coffee Shop of Curiosities was 5 stars for me. The Jenny Colgan was good enough, 4th in a series - with Polly the Puffin looking in.

    ReplyDelete