Friday, April 12, 2024

Friday Fives - Five Books Set in Missouri


I'm in a list making kind of mood so I thought I'd start making random five lists.  Sometimes they'll be bookish other weeks not so much.  We've been in Missouri this week so we could be in the path of the solar eclipse.  It occurred to me Missouri isn't really a state I visit fictionally very often so of course I had to find 5 books that are set in Missouri!  It was more of a challenge than I expected.


1.  If Bread Could Rise to the Occasion by Paige Shelton - It's been awhile since I've read anything in this series though I have enjoyed it.  This is the next book for me to read and it sounds pretty fun - plus it takes place in small town Missouri.


2.  Little Shop of Homicide by Denise Swanson - This looks like a fun cozy mystery series set in an old-fashioned five and dime general store.


3.  The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain - I was convinced I had read both Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn but when I read Huck Finn a few years ago I discovered I absolutely had not read it so now I'm wondering if I've read Tom Sawyer.


4.  Dark Places by Gillian Flynn - I've only read Gone Girl by this author which I did enjoy and I've been meaning to read more by her for more than a decade.  


5.  The Deep End by Julie Mulhern - I've read several books in this cozy mystery series set in the 1970s in Kansas City, Missouri and it's always a good time.  Now I need to go back and read the first book!

Do you know of any books set in Missouri?


4 comments:

  1. I've only read Dark Places and you know, I wasn't aware it was set in Missouri. Unusual list and well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read the Adventures of Tom Sawyer, but none of the others. Who know there were so many books set in Missouri?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great you found five books set in Missouri, I haven't read them but I hope you enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great topic! I have read The Adventures of Tom Sawyer and The Deep End. The second which I loved. I need to get back to that series.

    ReplyDelete