Saturday, April 6, 2024

Reading Recap - March 2024


Monthly Breakdown

Monthly Total: 20 - This surprised me a bit.  I read a couple of big books and I felt like my reading was so slow but apparently I got more books in than I thought.

Print: 7
Ebook: 5
Audio: 8

Mystery:  11  
Romance: 3
Fiction:  4
Nonfiction: 2

Favorite Books of the Month:


Favorite Audio:  Assistant to the Villain by Hannah Nicole Maehrer
I really enjoyed this book.  The characters were fun and the plot kept me hooked. The narrator voice really worked for Evie.  That said I did listen to it a bit faster than normal because the narrator had lots of pauses so that probably helped.

Homecoming by Kate Morton 
I love how Morton creates atmosphere and this was a fascinating story.  I did guess half the twist but it couldn't wait to see how it all came about.

Least Favorite Book of the Month:
Murder in the First Edition by Lauren Elliott - This has a lot of aspects I enjoy in a cozy mystery - an old house full of treasures, a bookish main character, and a good community of characters.  Unfortunately I have yet to connect to the main character and the mysteries just never quite hook me.  I'm going to give this series a pass in the future.

My Armchair Travel:



Since I read a few nonfiction books and a fantasy I didn't travel quite as much as I normally do but I still got some travel in.

Domestic:  I went to Ariizona for the first time as well as revisiting North Carolina, Alaska, California (twice), and Massachussetts.

Internationally I visited England (5 times), France, Australia, Canada, and 1920s Syria.

What was your favorite book of the month?  Where did your reading take you?

7 comments:

  1. I'm planning on starting Homecoming this month and hope it will be a good one for me. I have certainly enjoyed the other books I've read by Kate Morton. Right now, in honor of the eclipse that will occur in our area on Monday (if we can see it - forecast isn't cooperating now - may be rainy and very cloudy) I'm doing a reread of He Said She Said by Erin Kelly. There is a total eclipse in that book too and some crime. Perfect. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watching TV and K drama series have taken time away from books, but I still read a few here and there.

    Harvee https://bookdilettante.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. An excellent reading month for sure. I am now in the habit of speeding up all my audio books, not by much, depends on how the narrator reads, but it helps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well you had a good reading month! My best reads 5 heart of the month are Longbourn by Maria Grace, First Contact by Kim Harrison, the White Trash Zombie books for the Read-along and Oath & Honor by Liz Cheney.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had a really good month! Assistant to the Villain looks like a fun read. I'm sorry to hear that the Lauren Elliott series wasn't working for you. I had been thinking of starting it next time I go on a cozy mystery binge, but I have plenty of other options, so perhaps I'll hold off for a bit longer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had another great reading month! It's been too long since I last read Kate Morton. My favorite book in March was The Mountains Sing. Happy April!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am looking forward to read both your favorites from this past month. Have a wonderful April in reading, Katherine!

    ReplyDelete