Thursday, April 4, 2024

Books from the Backlog - The Dancing Floor


Today I'm linking up with Carole from Carole's Random Life of Books for Books from the Backlog.  I really enjoy the chance to feature a book that's been hiding in the piles of books for far too long!


Goodreads:  The Dancing Floor by Barbara Michaels

Blurb:  For years, Heather Tradescant had dreamed of the journey she and her father would take to England--a pilgrimage to the great gardens of history. Now that her father is dead, Heather is determined to fulfill his dreams. Unfortunately, her request to see the fabled 17th-century garden of Troytan House is denied by the owner. Though unwelcome, she braves the walls of briars and reaches the Victorian manor house beyond. She senses a strange mission of evil lurking, tainting the manor's peaceful beauty. Only then does Heather begin to wonder whether it is only stories of long-vanished witchcraft that haunt Troytan House or whether there is some more modern horror, nearer at hand, and far, far more dangerous.

Why It Needs to Come Off the Shelf:  Barbara Michaels is one of my very favorite authors but for some reason I've never read this one!  


8 comments:

  1. Katherine, I went back and looked at my book journal to see when I last read this one. I knew I had read it but couldn't remember if I had reread it in the last few years. 1997 is the year I read it and I think the year she wrote it as well. 27 years ago - wow. Hope you like it if you get to it. Not sure I'll reread it, but maybe. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I read a couple from Michaels but it's been many years. I hope you'll love this one when you get to it. Sounds like a gothic-style throwback. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I've read this one but I honestly don't remember anything about it. Must mean it's time to read it again. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think that I have read any of Barbara Michael's work but this one sounds great. I hope that you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard so many good things about this author but I never read anything by her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh. Sound like a good book to read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do not think I have read any of her books. This does sound good though!

    ReplyDelete