Thursday, April 11, 2024

Books from the Backlog - Surviving Savannah


Today I'm linking up with Carole from Carole's Random Life of Books for Books from the Backlog.  I really enjoy the chance to feature a book that's been hiding in the piles of books for far too long!


Blurb: When Savannah history professor Everly Winthrop is asked to guest-curate a new museum collection focusing on artifacts recovered from the steamship Pulaski, she's shocked. The ship sank after a boiler explosion in 1838, and the wreckage was just discovered, 180 years later. Everly can't resist the opportunity to try to solve some of the mysteries and myths surrounding the devastating night of its sinking.

Why It Needs to Come Off the Shelf:  I checked this out from the library but had to return it before I read it.  Then I saw it on sale at Audible and I bought it.  It's been awhile and I still haven't read it!

3 comments:

  1. This has an interesting premise! I hope you manage to dive into the audiobook soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this author, let me know how you like this book. I liked The Secret Book of Flora Lee and Behind the Wardrobe quite a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I have a copy of this one on my TBR shelf too.

    ReplyDelete