Sunday, April 14, 2024

This Week in Reading - April 14

 
It's Sunday Post time!  This is hosted by the awesome Caffeinated Book Reviewer and gives us all a chance to recap our week.

What I Got:


A Deceptive Composition by Anna Lee Huber - This is the next book in the Lady Darby mysteries and it is a series I really enjoy so I"m really looking forward to it.  (Publisher)

Reading Between the Lines by Lynn Cahoon - I've read all the books in the series - the first I loved, the second I was meh on, and the third I really enjoyed - so I'm curious to see where I fall with this one! (Publisher)

The Jig is Up by Lisa Q. Mathews - This is a new book in a new to me cozy mystery series that looks really fun! (Publisher)

Olive You to Death by Lynn Cahoon - This is the most recent in a long running cozy series so of course I couldn't resist it!

Currently:


Reading;
  Murder in Rose Hill by Victoria Thompson and Blood Red by Wendy Corsi Staub

Listening:  Tom Lake by Ann Patchett

Last week we were in Arkansas for the eclipse.  We saw the one in 2017 and since the next one isn't until 2045 we decided we had to make the drive!  We stayed in Branson, Missouri and drove over to Mammoth Spring, Arksansas to watch the eclipse and had such a good time!  I was so impressed with the rangers who were running the parking situtation and the park was beautiful.  As much fun as the trip was it is definitely great to be home again.  

Where you able to see the eclipse from your location?  Have a great week and happy reading!

8 comments:

  1. We couldn't really see the eclipse in So Cal. Would have been nice to see it.

    I need to request my ARC of The Jig is Up. I enjoyed an earlier series from the author, so I'm expecting to like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always good to get back home again, no matter how much fun a trip can be. Doug got several great photos of the eclipse with his solar scope. It was indeed impressive. Glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to have seen the eclipse but it wasn't a good time for us. I plan to read Anna Lee Huber. The Victoria Thompson book is up next on my reading.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky you for getting the new Anna Lee Huber book! I love her Lady Darby series so much. And I wish I'd been able to see the total solar eclipse. I saw the one in 2017, too, and it was so amazing. If the path of totality had been just a little closer to where I live I'd have gone this time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't see the eclipse where I live

    ReplyDelete
  6. No eclipse here, but your trip and viewing sounds really good. I just put Reading Between the Lines on my NG shelf this morning. It's a series I am enjoying. I am waiting for the next Anna Lee Huber book in her Verity Kent series!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your new books all sound good, Katherine. I will get to the Lady Darby series one of these days. I own most of the books. So I have no excuse. I am glad you were able to see the eclipse. I missed it because I was working, but I saw photos after that were probably better than the view I would have had. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We watched the 52% eclipse at the beach. It was pretty amazing, but at the last minute, I was wishing we'd decided to join my brother and sister on their trip to Little Rock. Next time;-)
    Hope you're enjoying Tom Lake as much as I did. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete