Friday, April 5, 2024

Friday Fives - April TBR


I'm taking a bit of a break from my usual Friday Linkups to try something a little different.  I'm in a list making kind of mood so I thought I'd start making random five lists.  Sometimes they'll be bookish other weeks not so much. This is the first Friday in April so I'm picking out five books I hope to read this month.


1.  Murder in Rose Hill by Victoria Thompson - This is one of my favorite historical mystery series and I can't wait to read this one!


2.  Day of Vengeance by Jeanne M. Dams - This one has been neglected on my NetGalley shelf for way too long and I'm looking forward to picking this one up this month.


3.  Death on the Agenda by Patricia Moyes  - I've enjoyed everything I've read by this author and this looks like a nice quick read for this month.


4.  Blood Red by Wendy Corsi Staub - I'm reading lighter mysteries this month and this looks like a fun romantic suspense.  


5.  Of Literature and Lattes by Katherine Reay - This is my TBR Tarot read for April.  My prompt was "Choose a Book with And in the Title" and this one has been on my TBR since it first came out.  

What books are you hoping to read in April?

7 comments:

  1. The Patricia Moyes book cover is appealing. Sometimes it's the cover that makes me pick one up to see what it's about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to reading Murder in Rose Hill, too. Thompson's Gaslight series with Frank and Sarah is one of my favs, too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has been a really long time since I read a Dorothy Martin mystery. Not sure I knew that series was still around. I've read a few books by Wendy Corsi Staub, but not that one. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Victoria Thompson mysteries and will be reading that one soon. I also have always wanted to read Wendi Corsi Staub. I think I have one of her audiobooks I got on sale.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those Tarot choices, and its the only one I've read. Hope you enjoy them all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of these days, I will read the Victoria Thompson mysteries. I do love historical mysteries, but I find that I usually gravitate towards mysteries set in Britain, so I haven't started Thompson's stories yet. I read all of Patricia Moyes' series in my 20s and early 30s, most of them at least twice. Eventually, I gave up the paperbacks, but I recently replaced them with Kindle editions, so perhaps I'll reread that series again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you get to all of these this month, Katherine! There are a couple of books I really hope to get to this month, but we'll see. I am terrible about sticking to reading plans if I set them down in writing. Katherine Reay's book sounds really good. I love that cover.

    ReplyDelete