Tuesday, June 26, 2018
Summer-y Book Covers I Can't Resist.
1. Sailing Lessons by Hannah McKinnon - I love love love this cover. It's got such a great coastal feel without being super cliché. The actual blurb has a coming home and reconnecting vibe which I really enjoy.
2. The Beach House by Mary Alice Monroe - The cover and blurb have a similar feel to the first book. Monroe always has the summery-est covers and they're always more Outer Banks than Florida coast which I prefer aesthetically though in real life I love a Gulf Shores beach.
3. Passing Through Paradise by Susan Wiggs - Still beachy but a different feel. Susan Wiggs is one of my favorite romance/contemporary romance author and this just screams beach read.
4. Rainy Day Friends by Jill Shalvis - I have this one coming up and am looking forward to it. The first book in the series was one of those reads which was exactly what I was looking for at the time and so really connected. And I love the dog on the cover. I do enjoy cats in cozy mysteries but when it comes down to it I'll pick a dog every time and Shalvis writes the best doggy characters.
5. The House on Mermaid Point by Wendy Wax - I have never read a book by Wendy Wax but every summer she puts out a new book and every summer the cover is stunningly gorgeous and I mean to read it. I really love this one.
6. The Identicals by Elin Hilderbrand - I have yet to read anything by Elin Hilderbrand but I've heard wonderful things and this one sounds really good.
7. The Secret to Southern Charm by Kristy Woodson Harvey - I've heard good things about this author and I really want to try her. I'll probably start with the first book in the series but lying out on the beach with a book is always my dream but in reality it's hot and I'm sweating a bit and between the sand and the salt my skin is so dry and my hair feels like it is radiating sun and did I mention I was hot?
8. The Dry by Jane Harper - Sometimes I like some suspense when it's hot and this looks perfect. The cover looks like summer when it's gotten so hot that everything has just kind of baked.
9. True Colors by Kristin Hannah - Kristin Hannah is another author I mean to read but haven't. I know nothing about this one but I love the sunset colors of this one so it appeals to me.
10. A Deadly Éclair by Daryl Wood Gerber - I can't make a list without a cozy and this series has really been appealing to me because of the author but this cover is so summery and fun it makes me want tor read it more.
What kind of covers appeals to you? Do certain covers appeal more in one season than another?