Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday - Summer TBR

This week's Top Ten Tuesday topic from  That Artsy Reader Girl   is 10 Books in my Summer TBR.  I love these TBR posts because I get to make a list of what I want to read.  Of course I very rarely stick to the list but it's fun to pretend.  Plus, it's always fun to see what everyone else wants to read as well.

1. No River to Wide by Emilie Richards - Richards is one of my favorite authors and I've had this review book sitting on my shelves gathering dust since 2014.  I'm been in the mood for women's fiction with a touch of heart lately and this sounds perfect.

2.  Beach Town by Mary Kay Andrews - Mary Kay Andrews books have such summery covers and every summer I say I'm going to read one but this summer I actually am!

3.  Meet Me in Atlantis by Mark Adams - I love travel/project type books and this one all about the different Atlantis myths and theories looks really fun.

4.  Staged 4 Murder by J.C. Eaton - This is one of my favorite cozy mystery series so I'm excited to read this latest addition.

5.  Shelved Under Murder by Victoria Gilbert - The first book in this cozy series centered around a former academic turned public librarian was full of history and mystery so I'm excited to continue with the series.

6.  Beautiful Exiles by Meg Waite Clayton - This is an author I've been wanting to read for awhile and I'm fascinated by the life of Ernest Hemingway and this historical fiction set around his relationship with Martha Gellhorn seemed like the perfect read.

7.  The Masterpiece by Fiona Davis - This is another author I've been wanting to read and I love a dual timeline historical fiction.  This book that centers around New York's Grand Central Station sounds fascinating.

8.  Read and Gone by Allison Brook - This is the 2nd book in the Haunted Library cozy mystery series and even if I hadn't really enjoyed the 1st book I don't think I could resist this book because - Haunted Library!  The potential is just crazy amazing.

9.  The Likeness by Tana French - I read the first Dublin Squad Murders book last year and really enjoyed it though the ending frustrated me.  I'm really looking forward to reading this one though!

10. Reading People by Anne Bogel - I'm a big fan of Anne Bogel's podcast and blog and have been meaning to read this book since it came out.  I'm hoping to get my hands on a copy soon.

What books are you hoping to read this summer?

16 comments:

  1. Isn't it funny how fast a TBR list can change? :) I hope you get to lots, or all, of these. I've been meaning to read Tana french- one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice choices. I Loved No River Too Wide and that whole series. I am still sort of reading the Anne Bogel book but I think I'll like her new book better. I do enjoy her podcasts as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have also been meaning to try a Mary Kay Andrews book and haven't done it yet. Read and Gone is also on my list - I love mysteries set in libraries! Here's my TTT: http://www.readathomemom.com/2018/06/arcs-on-my-tbr-for-summer-2018.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice mx of summer reads. Hope you get to . . . and enjoy . . . all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Mary Kay Andrews, Meg Waite Clayton, Fiona Davis and Emilie Richards. Good choices!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list! I'm really looking forward to The Masterpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've got some good ones here I expect. I have read The Likeness and it's great. Different from the first, but you probably know that. Did I tell you that I met Allison Brook (who is also named Marilyn Levinson in real life) at the mystery conference? Enjoy your haunted library book! I need to read that series too. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My summer list includes some nice comforting horror!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Likeness was really good! Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I make reading lists all the time. I rarely follow them but I make them :) I don't think I have read any of these books but have been quite tempted to add The Masterpiece to my tbr pile. I hope you enjoy all of these!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to read a Mary Kay Andrews book too! I’ve meant to for a long time. And I like Emilie Richards.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes to all of these! I hope to read Shelved Under Murder too. Like you, I enjoyed the first book. The Masterpiece made my list as well. I can't wait to read that one. I hope you are able to get to these and love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great list! I'm always making those type of TBR lists and I rarely stick to them either, but it's fun to make them. I hope you read a few of them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've got some lovely sci fi and fantasy stacked up, ready to read this summer:). Thank you for sharing your list, Katherine and I hope you really enjoy your books.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great list! Shelved Under Murder sounds fun/interesting and Read and Gone! I'm feeling the library-ness haha. Hope you enjoy your books!!

    ReplyDelete