That Artsy Reader Girl is Ten Books That Awaken the Travel Bug. I love vicariously traveling through my books and these are some of my favorites.
2. Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery - This is the book that put Prince Edward Island in Canada on my top ten travel list. All the descriptions of the landscape are too gorgeous to resist.
3. The Tuscan Child by Rhys Bowen - To be honest Tuscany has never been high up on my travel list until I read this book. Just the food mentions made me want to book my flight.
4. Stars of Fortune by Nora Roberts - After reading this I need to go to Corfu. I mean without the avenging demons and whatnot of course.
5. The Road to Little Dribbling by Bill Bryson - This book made me want to go to England for two months and go on different wanderings through the countryside.
6. We'll Always Have Paris by Jennifer Coburn - This memoir about mother/daughter travels didn't actually make me want to go to Paris even though that's what is in the title. It did make me want to go to Spain which was another stop on the trip.
8. Secrets of the Lighthouse by Santa Montefiore - I really enjoyed this book and Ireland itself was such an important part of the story it felt like a character itself instead of just the setting. I wanted to visit it before I read this book but it moved way up the list after reading it!
9. The Shell Seekers by Rosamunde Pilcher - I want to go to Cornwall and it's all because of this book!
10. A Voyage Long and Strange by Tony Horwitz - This is a travel book about Horwitz's journey to find out what happened here between Columbus and the Pilgrims. He goes to all kinds of random places tracking Spanish Conquistadors and I'd love to follow in his footsteps.
What books have made you want to travel? And where have you wanted to go?