Sunday, March 31, 2024

This Week in Reading - March 31


It's Sunday Post time!  This is hosted by the awesome Caffeinated Book Reviewer and gives us all a chance to recap our week.

What I Got:


People in Glass Houses by Jayne Castle - I've been wanting to read more from this author (or rather this author under this name) so when I saw this book I couldn't resist picking it up.  It looks really good.  (Publisher)

The Ghost Cat by Alex Howard - This one looks interesting if a bit different but I really liked the books it was compared to so I'm excited to give it a try.  (Publisher)

The Paris Widow by Kimberly Belle - I've heard good things about this author and this sounds like an interesting read.  (Publisher)

Made for You by Jenna Satterthwaite - I got this one by accident.  It looks interesting though very different from my usual reading so fingers crossed!  (Publisher)


Shady Hollow by Juneau Black - I read a later book in this series last year and enjoyed it but was definitely feeling like I was missing context so I decided to pick up the first book in the series.  (Purchased)

Rainshadow Road by Lisa Kleypas - I've been wanting to reread this one and since I've reread it several times I decided it was time to purchases for the Keeper Shelf.  (Purchased)

Dream Lake by Lisa Kleypas - Ditto above (Purchased)

The Chocolate Castle Clue by JoAnna Carl - I've been slowly collecting books from this series so when I saw this one at the used bookstore I couldn't resist it.  (Purchased)

Aunt Dimity's Death by Nancy Atherton - This is a series I've been wanting to read for years and so when I saw the first book at the used bookstore I had to pick it up. (Purchased)

Deck the Hallways by Kate Carlisle - This was the only book in the home renovation series that I didn't own and that my library didn't have so another one I couldn't leave at the used bookstore.  (Purchased.

Currently:


Reading:  The Clock Struck Murder by Betty Web and Around the World in 80 Days by Jules Verne

Listening:  The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid

This week I kind of accidentally did some bookshopping.  The first was when I picked up a few things for Will for Easter at a store that has lots of Funko Pops and what not but also has a large used book section.  Then while J and I were waiting for our dinner reservation we went into the bookstore nextdoor and I bought a couple of books.  It was just a week that called for books I guess!

We are almost done with this season of Drive to Survive on Netflix and since there's no F1 race this weekend I think we are going to start the newest season of The Great British Bake-Off.  

Have a great week and happy reading!  And a happy Easter to those that celebrate.

12 comments:

  1. You have a lovely lot of books - I particularly like the look of The Clock Struck Murder - what a clever cover... I hope the coming week is a good one, Katherine - and that you enjoy the latest Great British Bake-Off:)).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the Seven Husbands book on my radar but haven't grabbed it from teh library yet. I love the accidental book shopping! It's always a pleasure to find a used book section somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bookstores are dangerous places sometimes, lol. They make you buy books you didn't plan of getting!

    Happy spring! Harvee https://bookdilettante.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your books look tempting. I have enjoyed Jayne Ann Krentz under any name, but it's been a while. This one sounds good. Thanks for sharing. Here's my post: WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, accidental book shopping - love it! The only one I've read on your list is Aunt Dimity's Death. Long time ago, but I enjoyed that series. Hope it's fun for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've enjoyed some Krentz and Belle. But I'm not doing these two. I had a huge haul this week after going through a pile of offer emails.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  7. The week of books for sure. How great to have some good used bookstores within reach. You made some great purchases. I know so many have loved The Seven Husbands, I've never read it, but hope you are enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love spontanious bookshopping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Jayne Ann Krentz but it's been a long time since I read any of hers under any of her other names. Your list of books look great. I hope you enjoy them and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! You brought home a lot of good books this week! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoy your new books! I love The Great British Bake-Off.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, sometimes there are weeks that just call for books... and I hope you enjoy all your new ones! My daughter just finished Evelyn Hugo and really liked it. Happy April!

    ReplyDelete