Friday, March 15, 2024

Friday Fives - Five Non-Bookish Things I'm Loving


I'm taking a bit of a break from my usual Friday Linkups to try something a little different.  I'm in a list making kind of mood so I thought I'd start making random five lists.  Sometimes they'll be bookish other weeks not so much.  Since spring is upon us I'm picking out 5 things I'm really loving right now.


1.  Daffodils - Daffodils are one of my absolute favorite flowers and I love seeing them come up everywhere.  We used to have a ton but for whatever reason only a fraction of them are coming up now but they still make me happy.

2.  Benadryl - While I love seeing the daffodils and other things blooming lots of things that I'm allergic too are also starting to show up and Benadryl is absolutely saving my life right now.  


3.  Finch App - I used this self-care app a few years ago and enjoyed but then kind of forgot about it.  For the last couple of months I've been using it as a mix of a self-care app and a to do list and am loving it.  I add goals (ie things I need to get done) every day and get rewards for doing them and get to send my little bird different places.  It makes me very happy - plus the self-care aspect of the app is also really great.

4.  Scamanda Podcast - I've been mixing in podcasts between audio books and got completely hooked on the Scamanda podcast.  The story was absolutely fascinating and it was really well done.  Plus it was a limited number of episodes so it's easy to binge.

5.  Gabulosis on YouTube - I enjoy true crime content but Gabulosis's channel is my absolute favorite.  She focuses on vintage crime and talks about cases that are solved and unsolved.  Her research is excellent and she does a good job bring attention to little known cases.

What non-bookish things are you loving?

4 comments:

  1. Benadryl works wonders but knocks me out for *hours.* I take Allegra daily (and have for many years) and it works well for me. But the pollen counts are so off the charts right now that even with the Allegra I'm having a few allergy symptoms. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love daffodils, too. I've got little bright yellow ones in bloom in front of my house and they always make me smile. :D Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Finch app sounds really good, I like how it works. Lovely that Spring is on the way for you but not so good for you with allergies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always great to have Benadryl around. I have allergies too.

    ReplyDelete