Thursday, March 21, 2024

Books from the Backlog - Summer Reading


Today I'm linking up with Carole from Carole's Random Life of Books for Books from the Backlog.  I really enjoy the chance to feature a book that's been hiding in the piles of books for far too long!


Goodreads:  Summer Reading by Jenn McKinlay

Blurb:  For Samantha Gale, a summer on Martha's Vineyard at her family's tiny cottage was supposed to be about resurrecting her career as a chef, until she's tasked with chaperoning her half-brother, Tyler. The teenage brainiac is spending his summer at the local library in a robotics competition, and there's no place Sam, who's dyslexic, likes less than the library. And because the universe hates her, the library's interim director turns out to be the hot-reader guy whose book she accidentally destroyed on the ferry ride to the island.
Bennett Reynolds is on a quest to find his father, whose identity he's never known. He's taken the temporary job on the island to research the summer his mother spent there when she got pregnant with him. Ben tells himself he isn't interested in a relationship right now. Yet as soon as Sam knocks his book into the ocean, he can't stop thinking about her.

An irresistible attraction blossoms when Ben inspires Sam to create the cookbook she's always dreamed about and she jumps all in on helping him find his father, and soon they realize their summer fling may heat up into a happily ever after.

Why It Needs to Come Off the Shelf:  Even though McKinlay is one of my favorite coy authors I haven't read any of her romances.  This one sounds fantastic and just like my kind of book!

6 comments:

  1. I might need to try one of this author's romances. I've known of them, but not read any. I have read a few of her other mystery series books. I'm trying to read some 'different-to-me' books in upcoming days. We'll see how that goes. Thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoy it. I think it is something I might like.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this one somewhere. It looks so good. I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to read more of her romances as well. I've only read one which I really enjoyed. I enjoy her mysteries. I hope you enjoy Summer Reading when you read it!

    ReplyDelete