Sunday, March 24, 2024

This Week in Reading - March 24


It's Sunday Post time!  This is hosted by the awesome Caffeinated Book Reviewer and gives us all a chance to recap our week.

What I Got:


Death Behind Every Door by Heather Graham - I really enjoyed last years Blackbird Files Trilogy which is essentially the Krewe of Hunters series goes international.  This one has ties to H.H. Holmes and looks like creepy fun.  (Publisher)

Between a Flock and a Hard Place by Donna Andrews - This is the next book in one of my favorite series so of course I couldn't resist! (Publisher)

Currently:

Reading:  Murder, She Wrote: Murder Backstage by Jessica Fletcher and Terrie Farley Moran and Peril in Paperback by Kate Carlisle

Listening:  Charms and Chocolate Chips by Bailey Cates

This week I finally finished Homecoming by Kate Morton.  I really enjoyed it but it's been a long time since I read anything that hefty!  I'm going to go for a smaller page count for awhile but it was a good reminder to mix in some chunky books now and again.

J and I have been watching Drive to Survive on Netflix and I've become absolutely fascinated with Formula 1.  There's a lot to watch so it's interferering with my reading a bit!

Have a great week and happy reading!

5 comments:

  1. I find the mix of books and also genre really help me read more. I hope you get some of the nice weather we have coming later this week!

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read Homecoming as a slow and steady - 20-24 min a day and not pick it up to the next day and the same. I found it worked really well for a chunky book, and somehow I became even more engrossed in the book. I didn't pick the twist though. I gave it to my sister to read and she slogged through it I think, found all the characters a bit much to follow. I said to her I just pencil them all in on a blank page in the book and keep track of them that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice haul. I love mixing up my genres and jumping from historical to thriller to fantasy etc. Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrie Farley Moran- I read a couple of her cozies a few years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I rarely read the longer books, but I really should. I prefer shorter books.

    ReplyDelete