Sunday, September 10, 2023

This Week in Reading - September 10


It's Sunday Post time!  This is hosted by the awesome Caffeinated Book Reviewer and gives us all a chance to recap our week.

What I Got:


Sugar Plum Poisoned by Jenn McKinlay - I really enjoy this series and this is such a pretty Christmas-y cover!  (Publisher)

The Bright Spot by Jill Shalvis - I have really loved the last few books I've read by this author and I can't wait to read this one.  (Publisher)

Baking Spirits Bright by Sarah Fox - I enjoyed the first book in this series and am looking forward to seeing where the series goes.  (Publisher)

The Twelve Books of Christmas by Kate Carlisle - Another holiday cozy that looks really fun.  I've enjoyed previous books in the series.  (Publisher)

Currently:


Reading:  Have Yourself a Deadly Little Christmas by Vicki Delany and The Last Castle by Denise Kiernan

Listening:  Murder in the Manuscript Room by Con Lehane

Some good things that happened this week:

1.  We went and saw the first Jurassic Park in the theater and it was so fun.  It's been ages since I've watched that movie and I forgot how much I enjoyed it.

2.  Will has gained 6 pounds and grown 2 inches in the last 3 months and his pediatrician is thrilled with both.

3.  We are getting ready for vacation and I'm making lists galore.  I can't wait!

4.  Other than a few evening storms the weather has been really nice.  The highs have only been in the low 90s and most importantly the humidity has been fairly low.  It feels amazing!

What good things happened in your week?  What are you reading?

18 comments:

  1. I love seeing all the Christmas titles coming out. Especially mysteries.

    I love Jurassic Park. I think it would be a blast to see it in the theater again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember going to Jurassic Park at the movies when it first came out. It'd be fun to see it on the big screen again. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m so ready for Christmas titles. Enjoy the vacation. So happy for your good news. Jurassic Park is so good. Happy Sunday. Hugs.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like seeing options in the Christmas titles showing up now - I only read one or maybe two in December, so want to have a selection to choose from. :) Glad to read all your good news - hope it keeps on coming! Have a terrific week.
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys
    https://www.bookshelfjourneys.com/post/sunday-post-62

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Jenn McKinley series sounds good and has been on my radar for a while. I read my first Christmas cozy mystery already too. How fun you got to watch the first Jurasic Park movie again, I enjoyed that movie when i watched it. And good luck with your vacation planning. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many great cozies on your list. I'm so happy with all the good things happening. I'm sure you will have a wonderful vacation. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad Will is doing so well. No Katherine it is way too early for me to read Christmas books. The humidity makes all the difference. I was surprised by how much outdoor stuff I could do with the temp near 100 this past but a few times I got lower humidity. How's Rover?

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a list of a few Christmas books and movies to read/listen to soon. I love the cover of the Delany book.

    Good job Will!

    I'm planning a vacation too and so excited.

    The heat index right now is 99 but it's not the hottest part of the day for 2 more hours.

    I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Been missing your Sunday Post!! Glad to see all is well and that Will has gained some weight! Hope you have a great vacation!

    Have a great week and happy reading!
    Stormi
    Week in Review

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow they all look like great incoming books. Yes Jill Shalvis still holds me and I've enjoyed some of her latest books as well. So happy to hear Will is doing so well, and if any family deserves a great vacation its yours. Keep the list going!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am not ready for Christmas, but I do hope to pick up some Halloween type books soon. I really like the Jurassic Park movie too. It's been ages since I saw it. A re-watch may be in order! We went to see The Haunted Mansion yesterday at the theater and I liked it more than I expected. Maybe nothing to write home about, but a fun movie. I am glad too hear that Will is doing well! I hope you have a great week, Katherine!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jurassic Park is the first movie date Billy and I ever went on all those years ago. LOL. It was a fun movie, and I still love it!

    And yes!!! Way to go Will!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad to hear about Will. Loving your new arrivals.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So many good things - hooray for Will!! It's been ages since we've been to the theater to see a movie... I'm ready.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I saw Jurassic Park and Goonies are back out. I need to go. Great news about Will!

    Jill
    http://www.allthebooksihaventread.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have a stack of holidays read. I'll be lucky to read a few.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so glad to hear that Will is doing so well!

    Enjoy all your new books.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such wonderful news about Will! 🤗🤗🤗

    ReplyDelete