Thursday, September 14, 2023

Books from the Backlog - Peril in Paperback


Today I'm linking up with Carole from Carole's Random Life of Books for Books from the Backlog.  I really enjoy the chance to feature a book that's been hiding in the piles of books for far too long!


Blurb:  Rare books and antiquities expert Brooklyn Wainwright is thrilled to be invited to the fiftieth birthday party of her neighbor Suzie’s aunt Grace. A retired founder of a major video game corporation, Grace is a larger-than-life character who’s turned her Lake Tahoe mansion into a fun house, full of everything from pinball machines and giant props to secret passageways and trap doors. Brooklyn is most excited to catalog Grace’s extensive collection of rare paperback pulp fiction.

Part of the fun involves a séance, but after the lights flicker, one guest is dead, poisoned by a cocktail intended for Grace. It seems someone is determined to turn Grace’s playful palatial estate into a house of horrors. Brooklyn suspects the key to the killer’s identity may lie in the roman á clef Grace has written about her life. With Grace in great peril, “must-read” takes on a whole new meaning, as Brooklyn tries to stop a murderer who’s through playing around…

Why It Needs to Come Off the Shelf:  I've read the beginning and most recent books in this series but have been neglecting the middle.  I need to fix that!

4 comments:

  1. I have this series on my TBR and have been wanting to read it for a long time. It really looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to love to read series but not a big fan now. I have read a few books that are the first or more in the series so I may finish them sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that she's a rare book expert!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read one of the books in this series and enjoyed it. Someday I'll get around to reading the books before and after it. I hope you enjoy this one when you read it!

    ReplyDelete