Saturday, September 2, 2023

Reading Recap - August 2023


Monthly Breakdown

Monthly Total: 16

Print: 6
Ebook: 4
Audio: 6

Mystery:  9  
Fiction:  6
Romance: 1 

Favorite Books of the Month:

Favorite Print Book:

How the Penguins Saved Veronica by Hazel Prior - This was delightful from beginning to end and had a good redemption arc for several characters.

Favorite Ebook:


The Keeper of Hidden Books by Madeline Martin - This book broke my heart and I loved it even when reading through tears.

Favorite Audio:


Fourth Wing by Rebecca Yarros - This was tough choice.  I listened to several really great audio books this month but I think this was my favorite.

Bookish Armchair Travel in August


Domestic Travel:

I visited Texas twice, Washington, Virginia, Michigan, and California.

For the first time I visited Hawaii but that was my only new state.

International Travel:

While I didn't have much new domestic travel I had quite a bit of international travel.
I went to Australia, England (twice), France, Spain, Poland and Antarctica.   In one book I made short visits to a yacht in the Mediterranean Sea, France, England, Russia, Ireland, Australia, Norway, and Switzerland.

How was your reading in August?  Where did your books take you this past month?

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great month of reading. Wishing you a superb September

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well now I have to go look for The Keeper of Hidden Books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always wanted to read How the Penguins Saved Veronica. I also enjoyed Fourth Wing. You did well this month.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cover of Penguins! And you had a good reading month. I love all the international bookish travel you had. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you could hear me sitting here saying YES! To each of your favourite books for the month. Delighted you loved Veronica and her Penguins, you've captured the Madeleine Martin perfectly and I its good to hear Fourth Wing was good via audio so at some point I'll reread it that way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another great reading month! I need to look for How the Penguins Saved Veronica... it might be the perfect change of pace for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How the Penguins Saved Veronica looks (and sounds) like a really fun read!

    Fourth Wing is on my TBR list; I need to get a copy.

    I love the way you keep track of where you have "travelled" through reading. I spent all of August in Britain (albeit much of it in a magical Britain), except for a brief excursion to Tír na nÓg.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm still curious about Fourth Wing. If Hoopla gets it I will read it. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great reading month. I hope September is another great month.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You had a wonderful month of reading. Fourth Wing is one of my favorite books for the year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How the Penguins Saved Veronica does sound delightful. I really want to read it. And now you've got me wanting to read The Keeper of Hidden Books. I hope September takes you many wonderful places! Have a good reading month.

    ReplyDelete