Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Top Ten Tuesday - Favorite Words


Today I'm linking up with Top Ten Tuesday hosted by 
That Artsy Reader Girl which is all about lists.  Since lists are one of my favorite things this is one of my favorite linkups!  Today's topic is favorite words.


1.  Persnickety - Placing too much emphasis on trivial or minor details; fussy

2.  Hijinks -Boisterous fun

3.  Bamboozled  - fool or cheat

4.  Discombobulated - Confused and disconcerted

5.  Curmudgeon - A bad tempered person


6.  Hodgepodge - A confused mixture

7.  Shenanigans - Silly or high-spirited behavior; mischief

8.  Bonkers- Madd; crazy

9. Gobbledygook - Language that is meaningless or is made unintelligible by excessive use of abstruse technical terms; nonsense

10.  Cantankerous - Bad tempered, argumentative, and uncooperative

What are some of your favorite words?

8 comments:

  1. I don't really think about words too much but I do love curmudgeon, especially when it turns out they are really loveable. And the other one I like is discombobulated! Almost makes me dizzy to say it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all those fun words! And I can't believe you used Tee-Bo and the Persnickety Prowler. I own a copy of that book! It's one I read all the time growing up. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love hodgepodge and even get hodgepodge soup sometimes at Cracker Barrel (I think it is) hahahaha. Cantankerous is a fun one too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these words! My favorite is Discombobulated

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all words that my family used and that I love.

    BTW, wouldn't it be fun to see how many fun words we could find in book titles?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great list! I always told my kids before they went out as teens that there should be not shenanigans or tomfoolery while they were gone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great choices for words on this post. We have the Mencken book about Curmudgeons!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun! I love "discombobulated" and actually use it quite a lot. "Bamboozled" is also a fun one, which thankfully, I don't have occasion to use very much :)

    Happy TTT (on a Friday)!

    ReplyDelete