Friday, October 7, 2022

Friday Fives - October TBR

 


I'm taking a bit of a break from my usual Friday Linkups to try something a little different.  I'm in a list making kind of mood so I thought I'd start making random five lists.  Sometimes they'll be bookish other weeks not so much. Since this is the first Friday in October I'm choosing 5 books I want to focus on reading this month.


1.  The Haunted Lady by Mary Roberts Rinehart - I have really enjoyed the Mary Roberts Rinehart books that I've read and this sounds really good!


2.  High Spirits by Carol J. Perry - I absolutely loved the first book in this series and can't wait to get to this one.  It also has a big goofy golden retriever so that makes it extra special!


3.  The Listening Eye by Patricia Wentworth - I only have a few books left in my Patricia Wentworth reread but I need to get reading.  This is one of my favorites but it's been years since I read it so I'm excited to pick it up.


4.  Broken Bonds by Karen Harper - I'm trying to read some books off my NetGalley shelf and this is one that has been gathering dust for years.  It sounds like a fun read with some creepiness so hopefully perfect for this month.


5.  Agatha Christie's Secret Notebooks by John Curran - I bought this book new in hardcover right after it came out and it has sat on my shelf for years unread.  I just finished my Agatha Christie reread (and will start over in 2023) so now seems like the time to read this.

What books are you hoping to read this October?

9 comments:

  1. I have Wentworth on my list for this year. Right now I can't put down All That is Mine I Carry With Me by William Landay. It is from NetGalley and I am so immersed in the story. Good writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoy all these books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These all look so good. Great choices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always highlight such good-sounding books! I can practically feel my TBR list getting longer as I write this comment. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mom read nothing but what she called gothic novels, and one of her all-time favorite gothic novelists was Mary Roberts Rinehart. I love it that you are enjoying her work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look good Katherine and perfect for fall.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These do look like perfect October reads! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. High Spirits sounds really good and I have to admit that the dog is a big draw.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Secret Notebooks book sounds extremely interesting. I hope you love it. 📚

    ReplyDelete