Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Top Ten Tuesday - Ten Books From Past TBRs I Still Haven't Read


Today I'm linking up with Top Ten Tuesday hosted by 
That Artsy Reader Girl which is all about lists.  Since lists are one of my favorite things this is one of my favorite linkups!  Today's topic is Books from Past TBRs I Still Haven't Read.  I've gotten a lot better about these but I there is still a lot of room for improvement!


1.  Death by the Dozen by Jenn McKinlay (Summer 2014) - I've read the later books and the first two books in this series but somehow never read the middle books.

2.  Hardcastle's Quartet by Graham Isom (Fall 2014) - I remember nothing about this one but when I got it off NetGalley I really wanted to read it.

3.  Be Afraid by Mary Burton (Spring 2015) - Same as above

4.  Second Chance Summer by Jill Shalvis (Summer 2015) - I always enjoy Shalvis's books though I did not like a later book I read in this trilogy.  I still should read this one though!

5.  No One Needs to Know by Kevin O'Brien (Fall 2015) - Ditto #2 and #3


6.  Practical Magic by Alice Hoffman (Spring 2018)  - I've heard wonderful things about the sequel (prequel?) to this but I want to read this one first.

7.  Reading People by Anne Bogel (Summer 2019) - I meant to read this one right when it came out but never managed it.

8.  The Gift of the Magpie by Donna Andrews (Fall 2020) - This is one of my favorite cozy mystery series but somehow I never read this one.

9.  The Lions of Fifth Avenue by Fiona Davis (Winter 2021) - This one looks amazing and a picked up a copy of this one on sale.

10. The Great Peal Heist by Molly Caldwell Crosby (Spring 2022) - I love books about art and jewel theft so of course I need to read this one.


12 comments:

  1. I had read Alice Hoffman's Practical Magic and it was fine but do remember, it's nothing like the movie verison.

    Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Practical Magic is a fun one. I liked it (and the movie version of it, too).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read Magic Lessons (the prequel) before I read Practical Magic. I liked that I had some background before Practical Magic, but it wasn't necessary. Magic lessons was long and sometime a bit dark, but very good. Practical Magic was much lighter and more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The McKinlay book makes me want to go to a diner and play an old time jukebox. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked Practical Magic and The Lion on Fifth Ave

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've only read the Anne Bogel one, I'd like to read the Fiona Davis one and its on my TBR list but not purchased yet or organised at library.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've decided to skip this week's TTT, because it's way to embarrassing! Practical Magic really is a good read. The Lions of Fifth Avenue is still on my TBR as well and I will probably also enjoy The Gift of the Magpie. Going to take a look right now.

    Hope you are well Katherine!

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some great books on your list. I have a few of those on my list too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have read some of McKinlay's Cupcake series and really need to get back to it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoy Mary Burton and Jill Shalvis.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm going to be reading The Lions of Fifth Avenue next July for my Summer in the City theme. 🤗

    I read Practical Magic before the prequels and sequel came out because I love the movie to the moon and back. It wasn't for me though because it's too much like a drugstore Romance paperback. After reading another Hoffman that was recommended to me for my Dog Days of Summer theme, and really liking it, I read more of her books. It's a love hate relationship I have with her writing. Ha ha. The two prequels to Practical Magic are amazing. 😍

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've only read PRACTICAL MAGIC off your list. I enjoyed the book and the movie. I didn't love the prequel, though. I hope you enjoy this one and all the others on your list if/when you get to them.

    Happy TTT (on a Friday)!

    ReplyDelete