Friday, July 29, 2022

Friday Five - Five Non-Bookish Things I'm Loving Right Now


I'm taking a bit of a break from my usual Friday Linkups to try something a little different.  I'm in a list making kind of mood so I thought I'd start making random five lists.  Sometimes they'll be bookish other weeks not so much.  This week I'm looking at 5 Non-Bookish Things I'm Loving Right Now.


1.  Hello Fresh - We had Hello Fresh years ago but got bored with it but lately I've been getting so tired of trying to come up with a menu so I decided to try it again.  There are so many more meals to choose from and so far everything we've had has been really good.  It's been so nice to not have to think about what to have for dinner those nights even though there is still prep work.  We've been getting a 3 meal/2 serving box every other week and that's been working great for us and has saved me so much stress. And they've cut WAY back on packaging in the last few years.

2.  Tree Hut Sugar Scrubs - I love these sugar scrubs and all the different seasonal scents.  Salt scrubs don't work for my skin so I was so glad when I found these sugar scrubs and I love trying each different scent.  Right now I'm loving the Pineapple scent and the Vitamin C on my arms where I sometimes get some contact dermatitis.  


3.  It's a Southern Thing on YouTube - This YouTube channel is hysterical and it's always a bright spot in my day when I see they've uploaded something.

4.  Balsamic Glaze - It is fresh tomato season and nothing goes better on fresh tomatoes than balsamic glaze.  My favorite is a tomato sandwich with lightly toasted bread, a thinly sliced tomato, a bit of mayonnaise and a sprinkle of salt and then a good drizzle of balsamic glaze.  I could probably eat nothing else for the last month and be perfectly happy.

5.  Trader Joe's Kettle Corn - Okay I would want to eat this on my tomato sandwich diet but with this kettle corn and that sandwich I would be perfectly happy.  I LOVE this stuff and it's got just the right of touch of sweet touch of salt balance.

What are some things you're loving right now?

6 comments:

  1. We tried Hello Fresh for a week and it was great. If it weren't so expensive, we'd probably have kept on with it. It's so tedious to constantly be thinking about what to make for dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking of getting Hello Fresh. I'm glad to hear you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad Hello Fresh is working for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think most of the stress of meals is thinking up what to cook! Once that's decided the rest is so much easier. Good you are using Hello Fresh and its helping.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have to look into that sugar scrub. The company I buy from went out of business in June. I bought eight scrubs right before they closed. Ha ha. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never used a meal delivery service, but I have so much trouble deciding what to prepare for dinner. I don't mind the prep, as much as deciding what to eat! I might try Hello Fresh sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete