Sunday, July 24, 2022

Life with Leukemia, a Puppy, and Some Reading - July 24

 


It's Sunday Post time!  This is hosted by the awesome Caffeinated Book Reviewer and gives us all a chance to recap our week.

What I Got:


The Book Hater's Book Club by Gretchen Anthony- I can never resist a book that mentions book clubs or libraries or book stores.  This sounded interesting and I love the concept of there being a book to turn anyone into a reader.  (Publisher)

Currently:


ReadingRound Up the Usual Peacocks by Donna Andrews and The Silent Pool by Patricia Wentworth

Listening:  Castle Shade by Laurie R. King

This has been a bit of a crazy weekend with a somewhat chaotic week leading up to it.   Saturday was Will's Make a Wish day!  Because of his leukemia diagnosis he became eligible for a Make a Wish and after much discussion (I was pushing hard for a few different trip ideas) he chose a room makeover!  Prior to his diagnosis he had had a loft bed but when we came back from Memphis he was no longer able to navigate the stairs to get to it or crouch to get into it.  We had moved his mattress to the floor but everything was temporary looking and disorganized.  Because, he's a bit older he didn't really pick a theme (though cats are prominent as you can see by the bedspread in the pic below) but he got this really fun bed and an amazing gaming chair and 3 bookcases to hold all of his stuffed animals and some other fun stuff.  


I'll post more pictures next week once everything is the way he wants it.  The people who came up from Make a Wish to get everything set up were super nice and really made the experience even better for him.  He's so excited to have his room all set up and comfortable for him now.  The only issue is all the bits of stuff that were in his room that he doesn't really want anymore but doesn't want to get rid of that are now taking up most of the floor space in my office!

Have a great week and happy reading!

28 comments:

  1. Oh that is so cool! Congrats and the cat theme is neat. :)

    Hope you guys have an amazing week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome bed! What a great idea for a wish! My Sunday Post: https://bonniereadsandwrites.wordpress.com/2022/07/24/sunday-post-pass-the-peppers/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is incredible for your son. A little blessing amidst his ordeal. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's brilliant! Those two books look good. I like a book about books and want to try and read more of them!

    Have a great week!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2022/07/24/sunday-post-41/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will shall really enjoy the makeover for his room, I bet. I look forward to seeing the room when he has everything just like he wants it.

    I've just added The Book Haters' Book Club to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like a beautiful set up for will, I like the bed and all the surrounding space along wall for his stuff. Make a Wish, Shriners and St. Jude are such wonderful organizations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a very cool bed!! Looks like Will is already enjoying his new set up. That's so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is awesome!! What a cool choice!

    And the Book Haters Club sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh cool! That is a very neat bed and I bet he is loving his new room decor!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kids can be so unpredictable, but I'm glad he got something that makes him happy. And it lasts longer than a trip :) I also tend to like books about books so the Book Haters is now on my list....
    https://www.bookshelfjourneys.com/post/sunday-post-8

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad he was able to have a wish that gives him a comfortable and fun room. That's got to feel good for him and you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The premise for The Book Haters' Club sounds fun. I'll be keeping an eye out for your review. 📚

    Will's new bed looks fabulous! The cat theme is a great choice. 😻 Would any of his old things be useful in his classroom? 🤔

    There's a new video game out called Stray, where you play as a cat. I've been following the developers' page on Facebook for a few years. I haven't played it yet, so I don't know how emotional it might be, I do know the cat can fall off a cliff, but I don't think he dies. Someone in the game play group was talking about her kids playing it, and it made me think of Will. I'm going to feature it on my Furs-Day Feature post this Thursday if you want to see some information. 🐈

    Have a wonderful week. 🌞

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been waiting for the game to come out and can't wait to try it!

      Delete
  13. That's awesome he has his space set up now. I hope you will have a more relaxing week ahead; it's too hot to get too crazy.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, I must say I'm shocked that Will didn't choose a trip of some sort (Disneyland!!!!) but if he's a child that likes to read and game and do other indoorsy-type stuff, then a room makeover is a PERFECT choice. If we're going to spend a lot of time in our personal space then we need it to be comfortable and functional! It looks great and hopefully he can find space for or get rid of some of the stuff that is now in YOUR space. Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How exciting to get a room makeover, and that's a great bed! And I love the cat bedspread.

    Stay cool this week, and may it be a calmer and more restful one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, how fun for Will! :D I'm so glad he was able to have a room makeover. His bed looks awesome! I hope he's still improving. I hope you have a great week!

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love Make A Wish! So glad Will is getting a room makeover. It's a wish that he will get to enjoy every day and last for as long as he wants. I can't wait to see it when it's finished!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Isn't Make a wish just fantastic, they do it here too. HIs room will be awesome I bet. It will give him hours of pleasure I hope. Oh my, The Book Haters' Club, that's gotta be funny.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good for Will that he got his room makeover. An excellent choice!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm so happy that Will had his Make A Wish Room Makeover. Have a wonderful week ahead <3!
    - Sara and Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is so awesome that he was able to get a new room setup for him!

    ReplyDelete
  22. How great to get a room makeover! Looking forward to more pics.
    The Book Haters book sounds fun. Have a good week!
    Mary @Bookfan

    ReplyDelete
  23. It looks like he has a great set up! A trip would have been nice but he can enjoy this new room every day. I hope that you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, that's wonderful that he got a room makeover!

    ReplyDelete
  25. His room looks comfy! I hope he’s enjoying it! (Also, the book hater’s book club is a title i cannot resist! ~ Verushka at Pop. Edit. Lit

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the room makeover and what a cool idea for him. He is so mature. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a great bedspread! The Book Hater's Book Club has a title that makes me want to read it. lol Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete