Friday, July 8, 2022

Friday Fives - Five Books with Summer in the Title

 


I'm taking a bit of a break from my usual Friday Linkups to try something a little different.  I'm in a list making kind of mood so I thought I'd start making random five lists.  Sometimes they'll be bookish other weeks not so much.  We are in the middle of summer and I have decided reading about summer is infinitely more preferable than actually being in the middle of summer.  I don't mind the heat so much or even the humidity but I am not a fan of the mosquitos and we seem to have a bumper crop here this year.  So here are 5 books with summer actually in the title so I can get all the joy of summer without the mosquito bites.


1.  A Hundred Summers by Beatriz Williams 


2.  Boardwalk Summer by Meredith Jaeger


3.  Summer at the Garden Cafe by Felicity Hayes-McCoy


4.  Summer Hours by Amy Mason Doan


5.  The Summer Deal by Jill Shalvis

Do you prefer real summer or fictional summer?

9 comments:

  1. I need to be reading summer books, not sure I've read any of those but I love the covers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only one I have read is Jill Shalvis who is always awesome.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Summer, oh how I miss thee....

    Happy weekend Katherine!

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun summer covers! And I think right now I prefer fictional summers because the real one is being super hot and dry and way too windy. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun summer covers. I read a lot of beach reads, but haven't read any of these.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can’t resist summery titles and covers. I’ve got Summer Hours on my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Being in the middle of winter kind of makes summer books appealing and I will read them in winter! Ouch to the mosquitoes, I had screens put on all the windows I open but as a youngster my sister and I would often be swatting one in the middle of the night ( or trying to!) I've recently enjoyed The Edge of Summer by V Shipman

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our mosquitos are on attack now.
    I love all the covers on the summer books. Hard to resist!
    Mary @Bookfan

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love summery books. These all look good.

    ReplyDelete