Thursday, July 7, 2022

Books from the Backlog - Peach Pies and Alibis


Today I'm linking up with Carole from Carole's Random Life of Books for Books from the Backlog.  I really enjoy the chance to feature a book that's been hiding in the piles of books for far too long!

Goodreads:  Peach Pies and Alibis by Ellery Adams

Blurb:  Ella Mae LeFaye's Charmed Pie Shoppe is wildly popular in Havenwood, Georgia--which is not surprising since Ella Mae can lace her baked goods with enchantments. The shop's extraordinary success seems destined to continue when Ella Mae meets an engaged couple who hire her to handle the dessert buffet at their wedding.But Ella Mae has a lot on her plate. She is also searching for the origin of her magical powers--and hoping to determine if the spark of attraction she feels for the handsome Hugh Dylan is authentic or just her new abilities gone awry.

Then Ella Mae discovers a high-standing member of the community dead, and a wedding guest becomes seriously ill at the event she's catering. Now she'll have to use all her sleuthing skills and culinary talents to prove her pies don't contain a killer ingredient . . .

Why It Needs to Come Off the Shelf:  I own the entire series and have only read the first book.  I really need to finish it up!

6 comments:

  1. This looks so good, and now I want a piece of peach pie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seem to buy the whole series without reading any of the books way too often. I have heard great things about this author and hope that you enjoy this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Making me long for a pie. What I have read from Ellery Adams I have enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’ve read this series. It’s cute! I love the Georgia setting & magical powers.

    ReplyDelete