Friday, July 15, 2022

Friday Fives - The Last Five Books I Checked Out of the Library


I'm taking a bit of a break from my usual Friday Linkups to try something a little different.  I'm in a list making kind of mood so I thought I'd start making random five lists.  Sometimes they'll be bookish other weeks not so much. I'm not much of a mood reader except when it comes to library books.  I normally put one book on hold and then wander around and end up with 10 more books that I had no intention of picking up right then but I always love seeing what I ended up with.  Here are the last 5 books I picked up last time I was there.


1.  Odd and the Frost Giants by Neil Gaiman - This is a read aloud book with Will and so far it's the least creepy Gaiman book I've ever read (don't even get me started on those button eyes in Coraline).  So far we're enjoying it.


2.  Take Your Breath Away by Linwood Barclay - I've read some great reviews for this one and it sounds so intriguing!


3.  Savor the Moment by Nora Roberts - This was a reread for me and I picked it up because I was in a romance mood and a baking mood and this one has both.


4.  The Killings at Kingfisher Hall by Sophie Hannah - I've enjoyed the other Poirot books by Sophie Hannah but haven't gotten to this one yet.


5.  The Bookwanders by Anna James - This has been on my TBR for ages and I'm really looking forward to reading it so when it was on an endcap at the library I figured it was a sign and couldn't resist picking it up.

Have you read any of these?  What books have you gotten from the library recently?

12 comments:

  1. I'm not sure I can resist a book like The Bookwanderers. I hope you will let us know if I should look for this one at my library.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have The Killings at Kingfisher Hill on my shelf, but haven't read it yet.... I love Neil Gaiman, but don't know that one.

    Have a good weekend Katherine!

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of any of these but the Agatha Christie one has my interest. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I picked up three books yesterday. All authors I’ve been looking out for Marie Benedict, Lucy Foley and Elizabeth George.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you enjoy The Bookwanderers as much as my daughter and I did! It was a lot of fun. We have the second book to read, but haven't gotten to it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Nora Roberts and I need to read more of her backlist.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have had a lot of luck with Linwood Barclay but haven't read this one yet. I hope that you enjoy all of these!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved doing read alouds with Sebastian. 🤗

    I'll be watching for your thoughts on the Pages & Co book. I want to read that series, too. 📚

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought The Bookwanderer was good, but thought it would have a bit more action...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a good haul from the library. Savor the Moment is at the edges of my memory, part of a quartet I am thinking but not sure. I did have Pages and Co but gave it to a great niece as I just wasn't getting to it.

    ReplyDelete