Sunday, July 31, 2022

Life with Leukemia, A Puppy, and Some Reading


It's Sunday Post time!  This is hosted by the awesome Caffeinated Book Reviewer and gives us all a chance to recap our week.

What I Got:


Just one this week but one I'm super excited about!

A Vacation to Die For by Lynn Cahoon - (Publisher)

Currently:


ReadingTeaching From Rest by Sarah Mackenzie and Death at the Manor by Katharine Schellman

Listening:  The Cider Shop Rules by Julie Anne Lindsey




We have Will's room pretty much the way he wants it and he is absolutely loving it.  As you can tell his stuffed animal collection is over the top!  He's loving being able to see them all though we may need to get him another bookshelf as not all of them are out and he needs some room for growth.  Make a Wish was so fun to work with and he's really been enjoying having a newly redone comfortable place to hang out with lots of cats to look at!  This all really came at the nick of time as he had a tough day at clinic Wednesday.  He had to have his NG tube put back in which is not fun and it went rougher than usual (not that having a tube placed down your nose is ever fun).  As well, all his immune system numbers are super low so his energy levels are tanked.  We've been staying at home this week and are hoping to avoid any kind of infection so he won't have to go back to the hospital.

That's about all we've had going on this week.  Have a great week and happy reading!

20 comments:

  1. Will's room looks great! Wow. Sorry to hear it was a rough week. I hope this one is better for him.

    The Lynn Cahoon book looks fun. Her cozies always do.

    Take care this week.

    Greg @ Book Haven

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck to Will for better times from here on out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope Will's new room perks up his spirits - it looks so fun. Hope this is a good week for Will.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will's room looks wonderful! While his stuffed animals may seem over the top, I can see how they bring him comfort. I pray that he stays well and you all can stay home. Your books look interesting and I hope you enjoy them. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will's room looks amazing! I am glad that it is a place of peace and happiness for him!

    I have been considering reading Teaching from Rest. I look forward to your thoughts on it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh... I'm so sorry to hear that this last week has been so rough on Will. And I hope that the coming one is a lot kinder. His room looks so cosy and welcoming - no wonder he likes it so much! Take care and I hope you, too, are okay:))x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay a new Tourist Trap book! I am glad that Will is liking his room! It looks great! Hope his immune numbers go up!

    Have a great week and happy reading!
    Stormi
    Week in Review

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope Will is feeling better. His room looks great. I love Lynn Cahoon's Tourist Trap series but I'm a couple of books behind. I need to catch up. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh - tell Will me and Elza are coming to visit and we want to sleep over in his room. Love it!!! Glad he enjoys it and that it all came at the right time.

    Hope you are still okay and have some time for reading.

    Take care!

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
  10. Will's room is great! I'm glad he likes it. Sorry that this week was tough. Hope this week brings better times and no infection. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Will's room is amazing. So sorry to hear he had some a horrible time - and you too, I would guess its rough for you as well. I think the Lynn Cahoon book is a nice little read.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow he does have a lot of stuffed animals. I couldn't have them because of allergies (dust). At least that is what they told my parents. I hope he has room for books someday. I also hope this week he is doing much better.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so glad Will loves his room and he has somewhere he can rest and be happy while doing it. I thought I had a lot of stuffed animals, lol.

    I hope he starts feeling better and more energized soon. I'm sorry clinic was so rough this week and that his immune numbers are so low right now. Prayers for him and your family. <3

    Thank you for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm sorry Will ended up in the hospital. I think about him all the time. ❤❤❤

    That is a wonderful shade of blue on his walls. 💙

    Sending good energies for a better new week. 🌞

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad Will is enjoying his new room!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A Vacation to Die For looks like a great cozy mystery!
    Will's room is looking great. I'm sorry to hear about his recent clinic visit. Hoping he'll recover well. Take care and have a good week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Will's room looks so good, I hope he quickly starts feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Will's room looks super and I'm so glad the timing worked out the way it did. I'm sorry things didn't go well at his last visit... hoping he feels better and all the numbers improve this week. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm so very sorry Will is having a tough time. I hope he improves soon. That bedroom of his is just amazing! What a wonderful organization to help with his wish.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hope Will feels better soon! The bedroom looks awesome! That would have been my dream bedroom as a kid. Dark blue was my favorite color, and I had a ton of stuffed animals.

    ReplyDelete