Saturday, November 13, 2021

Life with Leukemia (and Some Reading) - November 14


It's Sunday Post time!  This is hosted by the awesome Caffeinated Book Reviewer and gives us all a chance to recap our week.

What I Got:


An Impossible Imposter by Deanna Raybourn - Not only do I love this series but this one sounds especially interesting.  I can't wait to get started on it!  (Publisher)

Currently:


ReadingMrs. Jeffries and the Midwinter Murders by Emily Brightwell and Wings of the Falcon by Barbara Michaels

ListeningOnce Upon a Wardrobe by Patti Callahan


We got to hang out with Orbit at clinic this week which is always fun!  His numbers came back really good and he's been feeling pretty healthy.  We've gotten a lot of school done and have actually been making some progress in catching up.  It's been so great to have a dedicated space.  I've got to get a couple of poster frames and then I'm going to share pictures.  

I've been feeling much better and I think the chest cold is on its way out.  I've gotten back to exercising which has also really helped.  We've also still been keeping my dad's dog some and I've been enjoying going on lots of walks with him.  We've reached a point in dog and cat relations where the dog desperately wants to be friends with the cat and the cat is just enjoying messing with him.  The dog will be all relaxed and the cat when walk into his line of sight and then the dog will get excited that the cat wants to be friends and then the cat will hiss at him which will confuse the dog.  I'm feeling pretty sorry for the dog at this point because it is extremely clear that the cat is enjoying himself!

Have a great week and happy reading!

18 comments:

  1. Aww Orbit looks so sweet. And oh my gosh that sounds SO like a cat. Hope they get to a stage where the cat actually gets friendly :)

    I love the look of the Raybourn books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear the cat has the dog dangling! Good to hear that cold is abating. Nice to get a book in a series you really enjoy. Also great to hear you are catching up some with school work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for Orbit! I'm glad you've all had a good week and that you're feeling better yourself as well! I like the cover of 'An Impossible Imposter', it looks so festive somehow! I hope you enjoy it and that you all have a great week ahead :)
    Juli @ A Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know if there is a name for the art style on the Raybourn cover, but I love it. It's like the Veronica Speedwell books. 📚

    Yay for Orbit, and for Will feeling well. 🤗

    It is amazing how a dedicated space will inspire progress. 🙌🙌🙌

    Happy to hear you are feeling almost 100%! Have a wonderful new week. 🌞

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to read the new Speedwell book! Glad both you and Will are feeling good this week. The poor Dog/Cat relationships...lol. We had a cat when I was younger and my dog would chase it up a tree, then you look out and the dog was sleeping with the cat on top of it...lol.

    Have a great week and happy reading!
    Stormi
    Week in Review

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great books and I questing a Christmas tree since we have a new rescue that chases the cat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you guys are feeling better. Orbit looks like a sweetie. I need to read a Raybourne book, they look good! Have a great week!
    Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like you've all had a good week. It's so great they have therapy dogs and that you are able to have your dad's dog sometimes. Dogs are wonderful companions.

    I love the cover of the Mrs. Jeffries book. I'm going to have a look at that. Hope you have a good reading week, Katherine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you're both feeling okay! That dog looks so calm in that photo. I've never had a dog that could be calm around children. Usually they just wind each other up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad both you and Will had a better week. My daughters family added a 6 mth old Australian Shepard to their home with the resident 10 year old cat. From what I've heard she behaves much like your cat seems too with the dog ---LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you are feeling better Katherine! You must take care of yourself. I've seen Once Upon a Wardrobe around and it really sounds sooo good!


    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so glad to hear you and Will are both doing better. We love dogs but are very allergic to cats. So I'm more sympathetic to the dog. Enjoy your new reads!

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am saving An Impossible Imposter to devour over the holidays. It does look really good. Glad to hear you are feeling better. My cold has moved on to chest and head congestion so I will be visiting the doctor tomorrow. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you are feeling better! Have a great week!

    Here’s my Sunday Post!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm glad to hear you are both feeling better. I've been wanting to read the Mrs. Jeffries series. Sounds good. Hope you guys have another great week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Poor puppy :(
    Glad to hear both you and Will are feeling better.

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh man, I feel bad for the dog. Cats are so controlling! Glad to hear Will's nuimbers are up and you are getting over your chest cold. If I were closer I'd bring you soup!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm glad you and your son are both feeling better. As for the poor dog? Sounds like he's trying REALLY hard! Orbit looks like a sweet pup to hang with.

    ReplyDelete