Sunday, May 31, 2020

This Week in Reading - May 31

It's Sunday Post time!  This is hosted by the awesome Caffeinated Book Reviewer and gives us all a chance to recap our week.

What I Got:


Nothing!  Somehow I went a whole week without getting anything.  It won't last but it's nice to have a little break from getting new books.

Currently:


Reading:  The Clutter Corpse by Simon Brett, Thunderstruck by Erik Larson (which I will finish this week) and A Killing in Antiques by Mary Moody

Listening:  Just starting Memories and Murder by Lynn Cahoon after finishing Caught Dead Handed by Carol J Perry yesterday.

Watching:  We are still watching City Homicide though haven't been watching much TV in the evening.  I'm catching up on The Voice.  I somehow forgot about it until I saw the winner announced so I'm going back and watching all the episodes I missed.  I think they're doing a good job with doing the Lives from everyone's homes!

Off the Blog:

Blogger switched me over to the new Blogger and so far I'm not a fan.  It's taking me forever to figure out how to do everything.  I'm sure it will get better (and really it already is somewhat) but I was not in the mood for a learning curve!

I tried the Copycat Peanut Butter and Jelly Milkshake (find it here) from Disney World's 50's Prime Time Cafe in Hollywood Studios.  I used strawberry preserves instead of grape jelly because it's what I had on hand and it beats grape jelly hands down any day.  I also didn't use quite the amount of ice cream called for.  And it was AMAZING.  Like when can I have this again amazing.  The funny thing is I've been to this restaurant a number of times and I've never gotten this because I'm not a huge milkshake with food person and I thought it sounded not particularly appetizing.  I was wrong.  It's crazy good and if you add in just a smidge of chocolate ice cream to the vanilla to give it just a hint of chocolate flavor you won't be mad about it.  


And speaking of Disney World - the Disney Parks have an official YouTube account (find it here) where they've uploaded some of the fireworks shows and parades so you can virtually go to Disney.  We watched the Happily Ever After fireworks show the other night and it was so lovely.  Just the like the show we saw just a few months ago but this time I could watch it in pajamas!  They also have recipes and a series called Voices from Home which features park performers singing their various songs.  

Nothing has really changed from us.  My 10 year old is homeschooled and my husband is working from home until at least the fall so we are still staying home except for appointments, grocery shopping, and picking up takeout and since I have asthma my husband is doing the bulk of that.

On the Blog:

What Happened:

What's Coming Up:

Monday:  Reviews from the Children's Section- Thimble Summer
Tuesday:  Top Ten Tuesday - Books That Give Off Summer Vibes
Wednesday:  Killing Time - Cozy Mystery Review
Thursday:  Books from the Backlog
Friday:  Friday Fives
Saturday:  May Reading Recap

Have a great week and happy reading!

21 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear companies are keeping their people working from home and trying to do the right thing. Some companies around here are decidedly not doing that, or doing so grudgingly, and it's unfortunate to see. And same here- trying to go out as little as possible, in spite of the nice weather and so many people just deciding it's time to resume normal activity. I'd rather err and be safe.

    I'm afraid the new Blogger is coming for me lol!

    Love the pic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still behind on reading and reviews. I thought during lockdown I will read more but it hasn't happened like that.
    Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not used Blogger in a while, since I moved to WP. But I might pop in to see how the new UI is. I hope the changes are better in terms of usage and functionality.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting that Blogger has changed its ways. Hope you get your head around it. Enjoy your reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WP launched a new "block" editor to replace the "classic" version and at first invited users to swap and try it out before making it the norm. At first I struggled but, as with everything, with time and practice I'm really liking it. I'm sure once you're over the initial stumbles, Katherine, you'll be using the new Blogger with ease. 💜

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wordpress did that months ago and I downloaded a plugin to make it go back to normal. I have no time for crazy hard stuff, I blog because I enjoy it, I don't want to learn new things lol ;)

    We are only going out when we need too. We are both still working outside the house. So we are home most of the time and only go to work or the grocery store.

    I hope you have a great week, Katherine! Happy Reading! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good job on no books that didn't happen for me...lol. That is cool that Disney has things online for people to see, I think I seen they were opening back up but not doing the fireworks, etc so I guess they decided to put them online.

    Stay safe and happy reading!
    Stormi
    Week in Review

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you are having a normal that works for you. Our life is somewhat the same too. My daughter has her classes online instead of on campus but it's working out ok.

    Stay safe and well!

    Anne - Books of My Heart Here is my Sunday Post   

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is great that there are so many things online that can help us through these times. Your books look good, too, and I appreciate mine a lot.

    Enjoy your week, and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Clutter Corpse looks good. I didn't get switched to the new Blogger yet. Not too much has changed over here either. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The 50's Prime Time Cafe is the best! My husband and daughter have to eat gluten free. They had so many things that they were able to eat and it was all amazing! I switched to the new blogger and was mixed about it until there was something that I couldn't do so I switched back. I am not happy that they are moving everybody in just a few weeks. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not much has changed here either, we are all still working from home. I am looking forward to your reviews. i've had two weeks of big hauls..everything came in at once. I am hoping this week is quiet so I can catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Katherine, I switched to the newer blogger and didn't like it. Somehow I found out how to get back to the old format. If I can rememeber how I will let you know.

    I tagged you my post today about Space Movies becauise I know you can help me out with a list :-)

    This past week I recieved one book via NetGally and one digital loan from the library. I have a stack lined up of phyiscal books.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It sounds like you've fallen in to a routine that works for you & your family at this time, which is nice in a sense as it feels more the 'norm' - we have something pretty similar ourselves.

    Oh yes, the new blogger format - not a fan! Although I'm not great with change & learning new things, so that could be my problem.

    Anywho, a happy week to you, reading & otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Re Blogger: In settings, stats, designs or any of those page, scroll the left hand column all the way to the bottome and click on "Revert to legacy blogger".

    Yay for a light haul! Sometimes, that's the best haul. After all, we need time to read what we already have.

    Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Bea! I'm going to check that out! Hugs, RO

      Delete
  16. How cool to be able to do virtual visits to Disney World. I'm going to check that out. Like you, I'm no fan of the new Blogger, and it's still confusing to me. Hopefully in time I'll figure it out. Oh, I just saw a note from Bea on how to switch back! Yay! Sending some air hugs, RO

    ReplyDelete
  17. I looked at the new Blogger and went back to using the older version. I've got no time to be sitting figuring stuff out and if it comes to being forced over, I'll be considering shutting my blog down!

    ReplyDelete
  18. We've been staying in too cause I work from home.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy to hear everyone is still well. 👍✨

    All I have heard every time one of my friends came back from Disney World was how good the Dole Whip is, so I was happy when they released the recipe! I haven't made it yet because our blender is packed away and I need to find it, but Im excited to make it. 🍦

    ReplyDelete
  20. That milkshake sounds interesting. I've probably had a banana and pb smoothie before.

    ReplyDelete