Tuesday, May 12, 2020

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros - A Killing in Antiques

Today I'm linking up with Socrates' Book Reviews for First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros.  This is a meme I've been following for quite sometime and always enjoyed seeing all the different first paragraphs so I'm really excited to be linking up myself!

Goodreads:  A Killing in Antiques (Lucy St. Elmo Antiques Mystery #1) by Mary Moody

First Chapter/First Paragraph:
Most treasure hunts are fantasies.  Not mine.  I hunt treasure for a living, leaving me plenty of time to fantasize about other things.  Like the fantasy that someday all my kids will have jobs.

My Thoughts:  I love the treasure hunt aspect of antiques which is why I love antique related cozies or books.  This is a series I haven't tried and I do like the beginning so I have high hopes!

So what do you think?  Keep reading?

6 comments:

  1. I would definitely continue my reading of the book. I like the cover too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love antiquing...and books about antiquing. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This passage made me laugh. I'd keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a really cool opening paragraph - it would certainly snag my attention! It's also a lovely subject. I love the author's name, too - a great bit of alliteration:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Appealing beginning and I agree that most treasure hunts are fantasies. I would keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a great opening! This character sounds like she/he will be a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete