Saturday, February 29, 2020

This Week in Reading - March 1st


It's Sunday Post time!  This is hosted by the awesome Caffeinated Book Reviewer and gives us all a chance to recap our week.

What I Got:


This is 2 weeks worth of purchases with one review book thrown in.  Starting next week my book hauls should get a little more sensible.

In the Balance by Patricia Wentworth - I was going through my collection of Patricia Wentworths and discovered this was the only Miss Silver mystery that I was missing.  So I had to buy it!  (Purchased)

The Amazing Mrs. Pollifax by Dorothy Gilman - I thoroughly enjoyed the first book in the series so now I'm collecting all the Gilman books. (Purchased)

A Palm for Mrs. Pollifax by Dorothy Gilman - See above (Purchased)

The Clairvoyant Countess by Dorothy Gilman - See above (Purchased)

Death on Tap by Ellie Alexander - I heard an interview with Alexander and have been meaning to pick this series up since it came out and once I heard her talk about it I was sold.  (Purchased)

Live and Let Pie by Ellie Alexander - When I was looking up the book above I realized I had somehow missed this book in one of my favorite series.  (Purchased)

Murder with Peacocks by Donna Andrews - I've really enjoyed the most recent books in the series so I'm trying to collect the earlier books.  (Purchased)

Murder with Puffins by Donna Andrews - See above (Purchased)

No Nest for the Wicket by Donna Andrews - See above (Purchased)

The Sweeney Sisters by Lian Dolan - I don't remember much about this one but there are sisters and family secrets so it really appealed to me.  (Publisher)

Currently:


Reading:  The Read-Aloud Family by Sarah Mackenzie, The Daughter of Time by Josephine Tey, and finishing up Who Slays the Wicked by C.S. Harris

Listening:  The Storm Sister by Lucinda Riley
- I'm really liking this but it's going to take forever.

Watching:  I'm catching up on this season of Doctor Who and so far I'm really enjoying it.

Off the Blog:

This was a catch up week. We're starting to get back into routines and getting adjusted to being home for more then a few days at a time.  It's nice to be home but I had kind of gotten used to more coastal temperatures so I'm freezing!  It's been nice to be home and spend some time organizing books.  Next up I'm going to hit my closet and drawers and do something clothing organizing and then I'm going to try and tackle something else!

On the Blog:

What Happened:

What's Coming Up:

Monday:  Reviews from the Children's Section - The Tale of Desperaux
Tuesday:  Top Ten Tuesday - Books With Single Word Titles
Wednesday:  Who Slays the Wicked - Historical Mystery Review
Thursday:  Books from the Backlog 
Friday:  Friday Fives
Saturday:  February Reading Recap

18 comments:

  1. It does sound nice being by the coast. I imagine one could get used to that rather quickly! :)

    the Wentworth book and Death On Tap both sound fun. I need to get some more mysteries going.

    Have an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd want to be back near the coast too. We have had crazy weather this year - always dropping 10 to 20 degrees and then jumping back up. Today it was near 80, but Monday it will be below 60. Just crazy. I hope you keep warm and enjoy your week! :)

    Tressa @ Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well what a book spree! Very nice. And being home is good. I went to the library and got the second book in the series which lets you know I enjoyed the first Sofie Ryan book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being by the coast is fun until a big storm hits! I'd love to live in Blackpool, my favourite holiday place in England but the battering it takes from winter storms puts me right off! Hopefully spring will appear soon and warm us all up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to live on the coast most anywhere. I love the ocean. 🌅

    I added The Read-Aloud Family to Goodreads. 👍✨

    Have a wonderful new week! 🌞

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel like I'm in organizational mode most of my life(lol), so I know how you feel. It always seems like it's time to catch up with something, right? Hugs, RO

    ReplyDelete
  7. My book hauls lately have been a bit out of control, too. lol I am back to being sensible for the next while as I have way too many books to read at this point! Hope you enjoy your new books. Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I would love to be in the some coastal temps! Though this week after today's rain is going to be in the 50's and 60's so I will take it, although 70's are my ideal temp.

    You got a lot of cool books this week!! Have a great week and happy reading!
    Stormi
    Week in Review

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do love to organize books! But not clothes or closets. LOL Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you have a touch of Spring Fever!

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was just eyeing The Read-Aloud Family! I read to my daughter daily but hopefully I'll get something extra meaningful from it!
    Enjoy all of your new books! Happy reading! :D

    Stacy Renee @ LazyDayLit

    ReplyDelete
  12. In the Balance looks good...and so does The Sweeney Sisters. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Mrs. Pollifax and I've heard of Miss Silver but I am not sure I ever got around to reading them. Moving from MN to NC, I've enjoyed the milder weather too. Good for you on tackling your projects. Have a wonderful week!

    Anne - Books of My Heart Here is my Sunday Post   

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the recommendation on Patricia Wentworth book. My to-read list is so long already but there are so many I want to tackle!
    I’m with you on getting organized. I recently started a clean out of filing cabinets and my genealogy notebooks. I’m trying for less clutter.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like you've got some fun new books!
    Good luck with the organizing. I love organizing!! In two weeks I'll have two week off from work and I hope to be able to do some organizing myself.
    Have a great week and happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Here's to getting back into a routine. Thought I know what you mean about the colder weather once you've gotten used to warmth. Enjoy all the great new books!

    ReplyDelete
  17. oooo, you got some excellent books! The Clairvoyant Countess isn't a Mrs. Pollifax, FYI. Also, may I suggest a stand alone title, A Nun in the Closet? It's a bit dated but holds up reasonably well, and is funny while insightful.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That book list looks great. I've been wanting to read that Ellie Alexander series too. Death on Tap looks good. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete