Saturday, February 22, 2020

Pinterest Recipes I've Made Lately


I've actually been doing some cooking and menu planning lately and have been using Pinterest more then my usual stash of cookbooks just because flipping through my phone is easier and always accessible at the moment.  I'm looking forward to going through my cookbook stash and investigating some new ones from the library.  Here are a few recipes I've tried and a few I'm looking forward to trying.

1.  Slow Cooker Tomato Tortellini Soup from Magic Skillet - I almost didn't make this one because the recipe involves cream cheese which I had a hard time wrapping my head around.  However, I saw it mentioned on one of my favorite YouTube channels - Jessica Braun - and she was raving about it so I thought I'd try it.  It's pretty good but where it really shines is when it's heated up the next day.  It makes buckets so it's perfect to make at the beginning of the week and eat for lunch for the rest of the week.

2.  Chocolate Chip Pecan Blondies from Once Upon a Chef - I needed to bring something sweet and happened to have all the ingredients.  Plus, this was super easy to throw together.  They're pretty good and nice and pecan-y but aren't something I feel like I'm going to be craving anytime soon.

Okay, so I really haven't made that much but you have to start somewhere!  Here are a few things I'm looking forward to making soon:

Peanut Butter Honey Granola Bites from Sugar Dish Me - I like the idea of having a slightly healthier more filling snack readily available so I thought I'd give these a try.

Mexican Street Corn Soup from Striped Spatula - I've gotten obsessed with street corn lately and this soup sounds amazing!

What have you made lately?  Any recipes calling your name?

3 comments:

  1. They all sound good, especially the Blondies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! The Chocolate Chip Pecan Blondies sound wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still haven't used my slow cooker at all. In fact I think I am using all the pretty ceramic inserts for something else right now. Hah! 😏

    I love pecans. 😍 I might try that blondies recipe, soon! 😋

    ReplyDelete