Sunday, September 9, 2018

This Week in Reading - September 9

It's Sunday Post time!  This is hosted by the awesome Caffeinated Book Reviewer and gives us all a chance to recap our week.

What I Got:

Glitter Bomb by Laura Childs with Terrie Farley Moran - I love this cover and I've really been enjoying the most recent books in this series.  Laura Childs was one of the first cozy mystery authors I ever read and I've really enjoyed what I've read by Terrie Farley Moran and I'm really enjoying this collaboration. (Publisher)

The Ghost and the Bogus Bestseller by Cleo Coyle - How could I resist that title?  It sounds like a Nancy Drew or Bobbsey Twin book.  (Publisher)

Go to My Grave by Catriona McPherson - I don't know much about this one but it sounded a bit crazy so I thought that'd be a fun mix in!  (Publisher)

Six Cats a Slayin' by Miranda James - This has become one of my favorite cozy series and the title was just too fantastic to pass up (Publisher)

Not the Duke's Darling by Elizabeth Hoyt - I've only read one Elizabeth Hoyt but I really liked it and am hoping to read more historical romance this year. (Publisher)

Governess Gone Rogue by Laura Lee Guhrke - This is another one I picked up to try and mix more historical romance into my reading.  Laura Lee Guhrke has written some of my favorite romances but it's been forever since I've read anything by her.  (Edelweiss)

Currently:

Reading:  Marigolds for Malice by Bailey Cattrell (which I really need to finish) and Read and Gone by Allison Brook

Listening:  Written in Red by Anne Bishop.  I have to admit I wasn't loving it at first but somewhere around chapter 7 I found myself completely hooked and am always trying to find time to listen.

Watching:  We're still watching Longmire which I really like about 80% of the time.   There are a few other things I'm thinking of trying but I haven't actually tried them yet.

Off the Blog:

This week was a weird week.  Monday was Labor Day here in the States so the Tornado was out of school and J didn't have to go to work and then Tuesday was a Teacher Work Day so the Tornado had that day off as well.  So it was only really a three day week but somehow it felt incredibly long and I'm exhausted!  I'm kind of looking forward to a more regular week next week!

I'm in the last dregs of Disney World planning mode and I can't wait!  We're officially less than 30 days - not that I'm counting or anything.  We went last year and had such a good time.  It had probably been 10 years since we had been before that so I'm really excited to going back to back.  And we're talking Disneyland next year because I've apparently lost my mind!  Other than that I've been really run down feeling and trying to get as much sleep as possible.  When I'm not making J watch Disney World vlogs on YouTube that is!

On the Blog:

What Happened:

What's Coming Up:

Monday:  Reviews from the Children's Section - Then There Were Five + Spiderweb for Two
Tuesday:  Top Ten Tuesday - Hidden Gems
Wednesday:  Marigolds for Malice - Cozy Mystery
Thursday:  TBD
Friday:  Friday Linkups with Current Book
Saturday:  Hitting the Books - Cozy Mystery Review

Have a great week and happy reading!

26 comments:

  1. Six Cats A'Slayin- ha love it! That is a fun title. And ooh Terrie Farley Moran- I've read one of hers and liked it. Nice to see her collaborating w/ someone- hope it's good!

    I haven't gone back to Longmire yet, maybe one of these days. I've been binging Wentworth and that seems to be taking up all of my watching time!

    I think sometimes short weeks go by slower than regular ones, seems like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes holiday weeks are difficult. I did get a lot of reading done, though. I like the look of your cozies...enjoy! I've read some by Cleo Coyle, and enjoy her books. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love finding more cozy mystery readers! It's such a favorite genre for me but I feel like I never have time to read them since there are so many!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, looks like it will be fun :) the 30 days will pass really quickly I bet.
    I hope this week is easier for you! Have a good one :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd be excited for Disney, too! Have you thought about doing a Disney cruise? My friend's daughter is performing on her 5th contract and the pictures she posts look like it is so much fun. Have a wonderful new week. 🌞

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh! Hope you have a fun time at Disney World! Have a great week!

    Here’s my Sunday Post!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog and join in this week’s Book Photo Sundays and Cover Spotlight!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, sometimes we need alone time and having everyone around you definitely makes you exhausted.
    Wow, trip to Disneyland seems fun. And don't worry these 30 days will go out soon too.
    I hope you enjoy all of your new books.
    Have a lovely week ahead.

    My wrap-up: https://flippingthruthepages.com/2018/09/weekly-wrap-up-1/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I get so excited every time I read the word Disney in your weekly posts, lol. It's not crazy to be planning a trip next year already, we've been planning a return trip since we spent our last day there last October, lol. House buying has gotten in the way of returning this year but late next year is a distinct possibility!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really need to read a few cozy mysteries, might be asking for recommendations soon.
    We are going to Florida in April next year. I am hoping to get to Magic Kingdom and Universal since I haven't been to the Wizarding World of HP yet. I am so excited about that. The Condo is about an hour from the parks so we can't go everyday like I am used to going but we want to go with my parents this year since it's been 12 years since we have gone with them to Florida and the condo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hit the publish button before telling you to have an awesome week, Katherine! Happy Reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't heard of any of those books and I had to go and request Go To My Grave as I loved how it sounded! :)

    Have a great week!
    Stormi
    Week in Review

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm excited about a couple of the books you received - The Ghost and the Bogus Bookseller (have read a couple of earlier books in the series - didn't think there would be any more because it's been a long time) and also Go To My Grave (heard about this one at the mystery conference in the spring - seems perfect for the fall time of year). I'm thrilled that you guys will get to go to Disneyworld again. We loved the times we went, though we have decided that we might be done with it. We have no grandchildren and so...other places and vacations appeal more.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well thank goodness you are loving Written in Red now, I guess when you are finding your way in a new world it does take time. I remember listening to it like you and finding every moment once I was hooked to keep on listening. Fine line up of new books coming in.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I often feel more tired and weird after a long weekend. LOL Loving those cozies. Some of my favorite authors too:)

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've enjoyed the Guhrke books I've read. It's been a while though. Take good care of yourself. You need lots of energy for WDW!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I’d be counting down to a Disney trip, too. I went there when I was a kid and would love to go back. I hope this week is less exhausting for you!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I swear shorter weeks are actually always so much longer, so I get it. I think it's the change in routine, it so disruptive it wears us out. How exciting another trip to Disney!! So jealous, I haven't been since I was 11 years old (and that was a while ago). Maybe we'll make it in a few years...! Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh yay for Disney! It is so close. We just did our dining for our trip in February. I would love to get to Disneyland too at some point. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aren't Disney World vlogs such a feel good watch?! Happy reading, and a lovely week to you & your family.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am so glad Written in Red finally hooked you. It is one of my favorite series. Loving all of your cozies and mysteries :) Love Disney..so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  21. We went to Disney in back to back years once when the kids were little. We have went several other times as well and I do have to say that I am kind of done with Disney at this point. Maybe I will change my mind if I ever have grandkids that I could take with me. I thought that the short week felt really long as well. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have a few of those cozies on my list to read, too. Isn't the Miranda James' series great? I always love that series. I still have a few to catch up on. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm so looking forward to our first trip to Disney next year! I've been saying that I'm going to take the kids for a while now. So, it's time to just finally take the plunge and do it. This is a short week for us like last week was due to Hurricane Florence. Everything's pretty much shutting down after tomorrow morning.

    I'm hoping we don't get a ton of damage or flooding because so many people haven't fully gotten back on their feet after the last hurricane.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the titles of your new books! The Ghost and the Bogus Bestseller, Six Cats a Slayin', Governess Gone Rogue.. :-) They all sound like fun. I am looking forward to McPherson's book too. I hope you have a great week, Katherine!

    ReplyDelete
  25. You must be getting really excited as the holiday approaches! I love the planning stage-it's the travel there and back that I never much enjoy!

    ReplyDelete