Friday, September 28, 2018

Friday Linkups - The Silver Shoes
















It's Friday linkup time!  I'm linking up with the Book Blogger Hop hosted by Coffee Addicted Writer, Book Beginnings of Fridays hosted by Rose City Reader, and the Friday 56 hosted by Freda's Voice

This Week's Book Blogger Hop Question:
Do you sneak a peek at the number of views your posts have gotten?

My Answer:
I do though I don't get to wrapped up in what I see anymore.  I'm always curious to see what seems to be getting the most views and the random topics that seem to bring people to visit me!

This week's book is one I'm really excited about - The Silver Shoes by Jill G. Hall.  It's the story of two different women who are linked by a pair of sparkly shoes.  One woman has them new and the other has them vintage.  I love dual time line historical fiction and I love the vintage clothing element!

The Beginning:
Anne loved New York this time of year when maple trees began to sprout emerald leaves but it was still cool enough to bundle up.

My Thoughts:
I'm always a bit jealous when I read about other regions changes of season!  Here in the South we seem to have either hot or dreary though I'll take dreary over snow!

The 56:
"Crikey!" Fay hooted.  "Those must be your new shoes."

My Thoughts:
Crikey really isn't a word I hear often enough.  It's so expressive!

So what do you think?  Keep reading?


17 comments:

  1. It's always interesting to see which posts end up being more popular than others. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No I never look at my blog stats now unless I need the information for something specific. I'm generally not bothered !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm quite interested for more. I love the beginning! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, yes, crikey is not a word we hear, but sometimes read. Enjoy this one, and thanks for sharing. Here's mine: “WE WERE MOTHERS”

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the sound of The Silver Shoes. We don't see much in the way of season changes where I live either. Sometimes I wish we did--but, like you, I am grateful we don't get the snow. I went from one extreme to the other in terms of looking at page views. LOL I used to be obsessed about them. Now I do not even glance at them in passing. I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also like dual timeline stories. So The Silver Shoes sounds like a book I might like. Enjoy your current read!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I only look at numbers when a publisher asks for them, or I'm requesting a review. It's too stressful to constantly worry about how many people are stopping by. Instead, I'm happy with whatever it is. If someone stopped by and enjoyed a review -- great. That's wonderful!

    The Silver Shoes sounds promising... I'll have to check it out!

    Lindsi @ Do You Dog-ear?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd be curious of how and why they're particularly linked by the shoes. If she uses, crikey, I'm assuming she's from Australia?
    Oh, take me with you to Disney World! We'll get there one day. Yes, why not buy yourself a cute and fun mug. I wish there was more Mulan items being sold in Disney's stores. But glad they had something class like Alice in Wonderland. Have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do peek at the numbers some times but I don't stress anymore about them. Enjoy the book!

    ReplyDelete
  10. When I hear "crikey" it always makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My first thought was totally Dorothy. :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
  12. I keep up with my analytics to see what is working and what is not. I'm curious about the connection to the shoes. See what book is featuring at Girl Who Reads

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great answer.

    Mine is similar...I don't focus on the views, but I do look at times to see what created the most interest.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I look at my individual post views specifically about once a month. I found that posts with "Harry Potter" in the title always seem to get three to four times the views. There is another title word that usually gets twice as many, but I'm having a mental block right now. Ha ha. When I think of it, I'll let you know. 👍✨

    ReplyDelete
  15. I do the same. I watch it outta curiosity but don't obsess over it.


    Gayathri @ Elgee Writes

    ReplyDelete