Friday, September 7, 2018

Friday Linkups: Marigolds for Malice















It's Friday linkup time!  I'm linking up with the Book Blogger Hop hosted by Coffee Addicted Writer, Book Beginnings of Fridays hosted by Rose City Reader, and the Friday 56 hosted by Freda's Voice

This Week's Book Blogger Hop Question:  
Have you ever visited the location of a book you've read?

My Answer:
I probably haven't been to a place because a book made it appealing but I do get extra enjoyment if a book is set in a familiar place.  I also have added a number of places on my To Travel because of the books I've read so this answer might change pretty soon!

I've been in a magic kind of mood lately so when I was offered Marigolds for Malice by Bailey Cattrell I couldn't resist.  It's the 3rd book in the Enchanted Garden series which I've been wanting to read since the first book came out.  The covers are all so pretty and it involves a perfume shop which is new.  Plus, I love marigolds.  I always forget about them but they always make me happy.

The Beginning:
Wallflowers get a bad rap.

My Thoughts:
If this was a historical romance I'd assume she's talking about the ballroom style wallflowers but since this is a cozy mystery series with the word garden in the title I'm not so sure.

The 56:
I told them as much as I could.  I left out the unexplainable twitchy feeling I had about the Xavier manuscript, but emphasized that I'd nearly turned around when I'd thought I'd heard someone in the park.

My Thoughts:
It sounds like something suspicious is going on!  I think I'd have definitely turned around.

So what do you think?  Keep reading?  Do you books influence your travel destinations?

12 comments:

  1. I also enjoy books that are set in locations that I'm familiar with. And, though I don't think I've visited a location specifically because off a book I've read, I've certainly bored my husband silly talking about books I've read that were set in places we've visited or driven through. I can remember driving through Colorado and New Mexico, the Four Corners region, and talking endlessly about Tony Hillerman's mysteries. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like reading about places I know but I don't see much of that in the fiction books I read! I read a lot about the Tudor and Plantagenet period of history so I've visited a few of the castles and Scottish battlefields!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would be fun to visit some of the places after reading about them So far I've just had like you where I've been to them then read about them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sure is a busy cover... lol... I like those snippets though. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, yes, books with gardens and marigolds have my vote! This one does sound delightful. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “GOOD LUCK WITH THAT”

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is something to be said for reading a book set in a place we are familiar with, isn't there? I would definitely keep reading Marigolds for Malice. I like the excerpts you shared and it has me wanting more! Plus, there's something very warm and inviting about that cover.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love reading about a place I've been to, or when a book is set in my state or somewhere familiar!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I listened to the first one a while ago and I have the second one but not got around to it and kind of thought the author wasn't making anymore till I seen this one so now I need to read both. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. More cover-dogs. Where did all the cover-kitties go? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you get to visit the places you have in mind.

    ENJOY your weekend, and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun first line, I love the colours of the cover!

    Here's my post for Friday. Hope you're enjoying your weekend!

    ReplyDelete