Sunday, September 30, 2018

This Week in Reading - September 30

It's Sunday Post time!  This is hosted by the awesome Caffeinated Book Reviewer and gives us all a chance to recap our week.

What I Got:

Slay in Character by Lynn Cahoon - Cahoon is one of  my favorite cozy authors and I'm excited about this newest mystery in the Writer's Retreat series.  Especially since this one involves a ghost town!  I love a good ghost town setting and it is so rarely done outside of Scooby Doo. (NetGalley)

Bird, Bath, and Beyond by E.J. Copperman - That title makes me giggle.  I love a good cozy title pun and this one that features a murder witness who just happens to be a parrot sounds like it could be really fun!  (Publisher)



Currently:

Reading:  The Last Boyfriend by Nora Roberts - a reread but I was feeling the need for one - and Christmas Sisters by Sarah Morgan.

Listening:  I'm almost done with She Stopped for Death by Elizabeth Kane Buzzelli which I'm enjoying and then I'm going to start the audio for The Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum

Watching:  I haven't really found much that I want to watch but I've recorded a lot of the new fall shows so we'll see what catches my eye.  I did start watching the new series of The Great British Bake-Off on Netflix and it's okay but I'm still not used to not have Mary Berry, and Sue and Mel!

Off the Blog:

We are on countdown to Disney!  I'm so excited that I can barely stand it.  I think I'm more excited than the Tornado.  I've already warned J that even when we have no small kids I still fully intend on heading to Disney World for vacation.  I'm going to miss the whole planning thing.  I've been caught up in dining reservations and fast passes and all kinds of stuff and now I'm in the middle of getting all the to do lists and to packs lists ready and then there will be actually doing all that!  

This week was pretty busy.  We had picture day at the Tornado's school and this was the first year I was in charge of it.  It's not hard but you have to make the schedule and keep the classes coming so it's pretty busy.  According to my phone I walked more than 5 miles just up and down the halls!

Next week will be doing lots and lots of laundry and finishing up all the bits and pieces before vacation.  I'm chaperoning a field trip Friday.  I didn't really want to since it's so close to when we leave but there weren't enough parents signed up so I volunteered.

On the Blog:

What Happened:

What's Coming Up:

Monday:  Reviews from the Children's Section - Coraline
Tuesday:  The Silver Shoes - Historical Fiction/Fiction Review
Wednesday:  Trimmed to Death - Cozy Mystery Review
Thursday:  Drink Me! - Cookbook Review
Friday:  Friday Linkups with Current Book
Saturday:  TBD

Have a great week and happy reading!

23 comments:

  1. Bird, Bath and Beyond lol. I love cozy titles! And yay for Disney! Planning a vist there can be SO time consuming, I remember immersing myself in it and it was almost overwhelming. But it's awesome when you get there of course. :)

    Have a super week and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Disney!! I've been too Disney in Paris two times and loved it. I really hope to be able to go to Disney in the US. I'll definitely want to take our baby girl there one day. :D
    Have fun and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still enjoyed The Great British Bake-Off even with the new people. I've been trying to check out some new shows on demand to see if any are worth it. Yay for Disney! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The second series of the revamped Great Bristish Bake Off has been on in the UK the last few weeks and I'm enjoying it. I prefer the new line up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are heading to Florida next year and only doing one day in the Magic Kingdom, I am so excited plus I finally get to see Harry Potter! We are hoping in 2020 we can go an stay at the resorts again but this time we are going with my parents since we haven't been to their condos in about 12 years. It will be nice for the kids to get to be on vacation with them. The parks are only about an hour from where we are so not too bad.
    I also get soooooo excited about going, I plan to just go with or without kids, it's really my favorite place to go.

    I hope you have a great week, Katherine! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for a new Cahoon book! That other one sounds cool too! I so want to go to Disney anything hope you have fun. I wouldn't care if I had kids with me or not I would go to Disney! :)

    Have a great week and happy reading!
    Stormi
    Week in Review

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope your vacation is awesome. We didn't really go on one this year because I am back at school. What can you do. Enjoy your week and getting everything in order before you leave!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Disney! How exciting. :) I have always wanted to go --- with or without the kids!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never been to Disney World...I enjoyed Disneyland in LA a few times over the years, but it's been a while.

    Enjoy your trip...and your books. I also love the name of that title Bird, Bath, & Beyond.

    Thanks for sharing, and here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  10. As a Scooby fan, I have to read Slay in Character now! Lol. I love a good cozy mystery so, yep going on my list!

    I love Disney! I haven't been in quite some time but we used to go every year when I was a kid. I can't wait to take my son there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for Disney! I love planning trips, too. I drive my son crazy when he's going somewhere. Ha ha. 😝

    Most of my incoming books are ebooks now and it makes things much simplersimpler, but I need a better system for sorting the outgoing books! I hope you get the spare room set up for your library before too long because that will be heaven. 📚✨

    Have a wonderful new week. 🌞

    ReplyDelete
  12. Coraline is my daughter's favorite book. She has read it at least 5 times. I have never read it! I really should.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really am looking forward to reading the latest Sarah Morgan book. Yes Disney is for big kids too. That's when I went although screamed on some of the rides!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I remember those days of planning trips to Disneyworld. Lots of fun and lots of lists. Hope you guys have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both those cozy series look good and are on my list. We went to Disney World the last couple of years and had a great time. We don't have children, so it was just the two of us adults enjoying our time there. Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay for the books and vacation. I hope you have a great trip. My brother lives in Florida so we have been there + Busch Gardens and Sea World many times. Oddly we also have first cousins living in LA so we've been to Disneyland also. I'd like to go to see Harry Potter stuff tho. Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  17. Enjoy Disney! I’ll sit here and be envious. Have a great week!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  18. My SIL is a huge Disney fan and goes to Land about three times a year. My best friend goes to World and spends two weeks. I haven't been in a few years.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I haven't watched the new season of GBBO but I know I'll miss the old cast. I loved Mary Berry. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. YAY for Disney, hope you have a fantastic time!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. You gotta love the titles for cozies. LOL It sounds like you are scrambling to get ready. I've never been to Disney. Maybe someday. You're never too old. Right!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Isn't that amazing...5 miles from just walking up and down the halls. Craziness. I hope the photographers were generous and let you get Tornado's pics for free. That happened when I had helped a few times at the SF school. Yay for Disney World! I'm excited for you and can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete