Sunday, September 16, 2018

This Week in Reading - September 16

It's Sunday Post time!  This is hosted by the awesome Caffeinated Book Reviewer and gives us all a chance to recap our week.

What I Got:

Nothing!  I'm not sure how that happened and since I'm writing this a bit early in the week I'm not sure how long it will last but for right now I've added 0 books to the stacks

Currently:

Reading:  The Endless Beach by Jenny Colgan and In Want of a Knife by Elizabeth Kane Buzzelli

Listening:  I'm almost done with Written in Red by Anne Bishop and though it took me a little while to get used to the different genre I've ended up really enjoying it.

Watching:  Not much but I have a few episodes of Victoria downloaded off of Amazon Prime so I thought I'd give that a try.

Off the Blog:

I'm in Mississippi this weekend visiting my grandparents.  J's travelled a lot for work recently so I that's thrown my schedule off a bit.  I usually try to get down once a month but it's been hard the last few months.  This weekend my aunt is getting married in Pennsylvania so we're going to try to figure out a way to stream it so they can watch it.  My grandfather isn't really able to travel so hopefully this will work out!  They don't have the fastest internet so this could be tricky!  

I'm still running.  It's slow and ugly but I'm doing it so I'm calling it a win.  I desperately need new running shoes.  Mine are old and not really designed for running.  I'm thinking of going into one of the stores where they have you walk on a treadmill and select shoes for your particular needs but I'm a bit intimidated.  Anyone ever done one of those?  Had good results?  Or am I better off doing some Googling and trying some different shoes at the sporting goods store?  I have an ankle that's on the weak side and sprained it badly earlier this summer so I'm trying to be careful.  

On the Blog:

What Happened:

What's Coming Up:

Monday:  The Mystery of Three Quarters - Mystery Review
Tuesday:  Top Ten Tuesday - Fall TBR
Wednesday: TBD
Thursday:  Books from the Backlog
Friday:  Friday Linkups with Current Book
Saturday:  Summer Favorites

Have a great week and happy reading!

21 comments:

  1. I am always amazed by bloggers who do not haul anything! Congrats! I went a bit crazy with NetGalley request, as per the usual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good luck with the streaming- I hope you and your grandparents are able to watch! And it's amazing to me about shoes now- I have a cousin who works in a running store and the stuff he talks about- I'm like really?? It's become quite the science apparently! But that's good if it helps people run in a healthy way.

    Hope you have a super week and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got fitted for running/walking shoes once, the result turned out to be the kind I had previously chosen because they had been so comfortable. All the best with the streaming of the wedding. So happy to hear you got won over by the Anne Bishop audio.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't take any chances with your ankle. You should definitely get some good shoes. Running is very hard on your legs. My sister is a runner. I'm just a walker.

    I hope your mailbox looks better this week. I hate sad mailbox weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also wouldn't have hauled anything, if an actual bookmail package from a publisher hadn't arrived! (Don't get me wrong though, I'm totally happy about that).
    I've never done that, but I have feet problems and recently got these universal insoles to keep your arches up (I've tried personalized ones but they SUCK), and these ones are doing wonders for my feet! I'm not flat footed, but have a tendency to drop the arch, so you could consider looking into those too for running. But if you do, only get silicone ones, cause they're soft and kind ot your feet :) as for running shoes, my favorite brand is Karrimor, but I don't know if you guys have it. Those are some ugly, but incredibly comfy shoes!!
    I've also had ankle problems and got this ankle brace (it's a soft one, sort of like elastic, but made in the shape of an ankle and you can adjust it). Does wonders for sports. You can usually find those in drugstores :)

    Evelina @ AvalinahsBooks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are having a good time in Mississippi! I need to get back into running myself! Hope you have a great weekend!

    Here’s my Sunday Post!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog and join in this week’s Book Photo Sundays and Cover Spotlight!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoo! Congrats on not adding to the TBR pile this week. That is actually an achievement. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did really good not getting anything, I did not...lol. :)

    Stormi
    Week in Review

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy your time with your grandparents, and I hope you get to stream the wedding.

    Good luck on the running shoes. It's been many years since I did any running, although when I belonged to a gym, I found some shoes in a sports center shop. I don't even remember what kind they were! I'm no help.

    Have a great week, and here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  10. So good you could visit your grandparents, Katherine. I hope streaming the wedding worked out. And it's kind of a good feeling when you end up not getting any books, isn't it? Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations and good luck with the running! And do get some good running shoes; I hear they make a big difference. (I walk rather than run, but the right shoes make a difference there, too. Actually, I need to get back to walking; I haven't been out for a walk in months and months.)

    I'm glad you were able to visit your grandparents. Treasure them while they're here!

    Have a great week, and since you didn't get any new books, I hope you have a chance to enjoy some older ones!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am glad you are enjoying Written in Red. I hope you are enjoying your current reads! Endless Beach is on my TBR stack to read. I hope you are able to stream the wedding, and are enjoying your stay in Mississippi. This has been one of our busier weekends with Nutcracker rehearsal and two birthday parties--princess themed. I am trying to get in some reading when I can. Have a great week, Katherine!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow I'm intrigued about the treadmill! We've only got these things you put your feet on and stand still. Love the treadmill idea!

    Enjoy the family wedding! Hopefully the streaming works.

    Angelica @ Paperback Princess

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so impressed at your restraint - no books! And best of luck with the new running shoes - again, much respect that you are able to keep it going. Doesn't matter if it's slow (I'm sure it isn't ughly!) it's MOVEMENT. In the meantime, have a lovely stay with your grandparents and have a good week, Katherine.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope you were able to see the wedding! Good luck with shoe shopping. My feet have changed over the past couple of years so I had to find a new brand and size. Not easy but once you find one that fits well you'll know it. I hope you love The Endless Beach as much as I did!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'd say go to a running store and ask, don't just go to a Hibbets or the like, as they seem to make it up as they go. If you don't want to do that, start with something supportive, as opposed to neutral. I like the Brooks Adrenaline GTS. It's a bit heavier but unless you are super speedy or trying to set personal speed records it won't matter. I've worn it for 3 pairs in a row and always come back to it. A lot of running stores will let you return them after wearing them for 30 days or something, even outside, if they aren't working for you. Brooks online has a 90 day policy, even if you wear it outside, and it's super simple to exchange for other sizes/ models.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I need to start getting hauls with no books! I overdid it this week! My poor bookshelves are suffering!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yay for not adding anything new to your shelves! I hope you had a nice visit with your grandparents. I hope that streaming the wedding works out well and they get to see everything. Good luck on finding some good running shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hope you are able to stream the ceremony for your grandparents!

    Also, hats off to you for being able to post every day of the week ��

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have my fingers, toes, and eyes crossed that you can get the wedding streaming to work for your grandparents. I hope you are having a wonderful week. 🌞

    ReplyDelete
  21. I hope they were able to stream the wedding. You go on the running!

    ReplyDelete