Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Library Loves - Ten Books From My Latest Library Wander

 Yesterday I had a good library wander and picked up all the books that caught my eye (and that I could carry).  Here are 10 I picked up.


1.  At the Chinese Table: A Memoir with Recipes by Carolyn J. Phillips -  I do love a memoir and this one involving the author's time in China sounds like it could be fantastic.  

2.  Garden of Lies by Amanda Quick - Every library wander for me involves picking up some kind of light romantic suspense and this is one I've been wanting to read by one of my favorite authors.

3.  The Ghosts of Paris by Tara Moss - I haven't heard of this author but the cover caught my attention and the blurb sold me.  

4.  Go Ask Fannie by Elizabeth Hyde - I feel like I had heard good things about this one and the blurb completely hooked me.

5.  The Art Thief: A True Story of Love, Crime, and a Dangerous Obsession by Michael Finkel - I'm fascinated by art theft and this nonfiction book sounds interesting.  


6.  Other Birds by Sarah Addison Allen - I love this author and this one has been on my TBR for awhile so of course I had to pick it up.

7.  The Kindred Spirits Supper Club by Amy E Reichert - The title totally got me.  I'm not sure if there's any connection to Anne of Green Gables but I had to try it.  If nothing else I love the title.

8.  The Gown by Jennifer Robson - This is a dual timeline historical fiction involving Queen Elizabeth's (well Princess Elizabeth at the time) wedding gown.  

9.  Epic Road Trips of the Americas: Exploring America's Most Thrilling Driving Adventures by Amy C. Balfour - I love a good road trip and I'm curious to see what trips the author talks about.

10.  The Glass Kitchen by Linda Francis Lee - This is another one I've had on my TBR for ages so when I saw this sitting on the shelf I had to pick it up.

What books have you gotten from the library recently?

4 comments:

  1. I love a good library wander and I too come out with more than I intended!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was fun and though I haven't read any of these, I can see why you picked them up. I love going to the library and 'wandering' as you say. Sometimes the books you pick up to try are some that become favorites. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Other Birds is one of my favorite books. I loved it so much! The Kindred Spirits Supper Club sounds interesting too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love going through libraries. You did well.

    ReplyDelete