Saturday, February 10, 2024

This Week in Reading - February 11


It's Sunday Post time!  This is hosted by the awesome Caffeinated Book Reviewer and gives us all a chance to recap our week.

What I Got:


Speculations in Sin by Jennifer Ashley - I really enjoyed the first few books in the series but then kind of neglected it for a bit.  I'm really enjoying getting caught up and I can't wait to read this latest book.  (Publisher)

Revved Up 4 Murder by J.C. Eaton - I love this fun and quirky cozy mystery series so of course I couldn't resist picking this newest one up! (Publisher)

Four-Alarm Homicide by Diane Kelly - I've enjoyed the previous books in this series and this one sounds like a fun cozy mystery.  (Publisher)

Booked on Murder by Allison Brook - This is one of my favorite cozy mystery series and I can't wait to read this one!  (Publisher)

Currently:


Reading The Last Word by Gerri Lewis and House of Shadows by Nicola Cornick

Listening:  The Pleasures of Passion by Sabrina Jeffries

I am not sad to see the end of January.  It was a bit of a crazy month.  So far February is proving a lot calmer.

We got Will's yearly scans out of the way and all of his bloodwork came back perfect so he is officially 1 year cancer free.  He was at a birthday party the weekend before we had to go to Memphis for the bloodwork and he was running around in the woods with all the other kids and I couldn't help but get a bit teary.

I had my first turn at jury duty a few weeks ago and ended up on a civil trial involving a residential swimming pool.  I now know way more about contract law and building swimming pools than I ever wanted to know but the experience was interesting.

I hope everyone has a fantastic week and happy reading!


15 comments:

  1. I think I may have read one of Ashley's books unless I'm getting her mixed u with someone else.

    that is s oexcellent about Will! Congrats!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to know that Will is at the 1-year cancer free moment. That is wonderful indeed. I can understand your emotions as he did what the other kids were doing. As to your jury service, interesting. Hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great Will is doing all the Will things now. I also got Speculations in Sin but realized I want to read the Mrs. Holloway's Christmas pudding or whatever first. I have it on hold at the library and it came up but I pushed it out because I had to finish some ARCs.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great news about Will! Happy anniversary on one year cancer-free! I've been called for jury duty three times and served once. It can be a very interesting process.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy to read the good news for Will! Fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Smiling at the swimming pool jury duty. Wonderful Will is now so well. Oh Speculations for Sin, how nice, one I'll certainly read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am excited you got an early release of Speculations in Sin. I am eager to read that one. I really like the Allison Brook series too. I need to get caught up!

    That is great news about Will's bloodwork coming back clean. What a relief that must be!

    I can imagine a civil trial would be interesting--although tedious at times, depending on the details.

    I hope you have a great week and enjoy your reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here's hoping February keeps it up! January was a lot, for sure.

    Great news about Will! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the huge milestone! I am so happy to hear that he is doing so well. I had jury duty last year and thought that it would have been interesting to be called but I just got to sit in a chair all day. I hope that you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Last Word looks good! Enjoy your week, and here are my WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful news about Will's tests! Your books all look good. They are all part of series that I want to read. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's great news about Will... so happy for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great news about the bloodwork!

    Jill
    http://www.allthebooksihaventread.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm extremely happy Will's scans and bloodwork results were excellent! 🙌🙌🙌 And I'm happy to hear his energy level is equal to his friends'. 🤗🤗🤗

    ReplyDelete