Thursday, February 8, 2024

Books from the Backlog - Someone to Love


Today I'm linking up with Carole from Carole's Random Life of Books for Books from the Backlog.  I really enjoy the chance to feature a book that's been hiding in the piles of books for far too long!


Goodreads:  Someone to Love by Mary Balogh

Blurb:  Anna Snow grew up in an orphanage in Bath knowing nothing of the family she came from. Now she discovers that the late Earl of Riverdale was her father and that she has inherited his fortune. She is also overjoyed to learn she has siblings. However, they want nothing to do with her or her attempts to share her new wealth. But the new earl’s guardian is interested in Anna…

Avery Archer, Duke of Netherby, keeps others at a distance. Yet something prompts him to aid Anna in her transition from orphan to lady. As London society and her newfound relatives threaten to overwhelm Anna, Avery steps in to rescue her and finds himself vulnerable to feelings and desires he has hidden so well and for so long.

Why It Needs to Come Off the Shelf:  Mary Balogh used to be a favorite author who I've been seriously neglecting for the last few years and this is the first in a series.

4 comments:

  1. I need to get back into Mary Balogh's older books, too. I really loved this one and hope you do, too, Katherine.

    Sophia Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read this author in a long time. This sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This does sound like a good one. I've only read a few books by Balogh, but I liked them. I should try and read some more of her books this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you enjoy this one when you finally get to it! I would like to read this too!

    ReplyDelete