Saturday, February 3, 2024

Reading Recap - January 2024


Monthly Breakdown

Monthly Total: 20 - 2024 started out a bit rough but my reading got off to a fantastic start.  I really enjoyed pretty much everything I read.  

Print: 7
Ebook: 6
Audio: 7

Mystery:  18  
Romance: 2

Favorite Reads of the Month:


Favorite Audio:  None Of This is True by Lisa Jewell - I have enjoyed everything by Jewell that' I've read so it's no real surprise this was one of my favorite reads of the month.  The audio was especially fantastic and really added to the experience.  

Nine Lives by Peter Swanson - While I've wanted to try this author's books for ages this was the first one I read and I thoroughly enjoyed it.  I've heard that this wasn't his best so I think I've got some fantastic reading coming up.

Least Favorite Book of the Month:

Winter's Edge by Paige Shelton -  I enjoyed this book and highly recommend this series but I did feel like this book was the weakest.  Beth's Too Stupid to Live behavior gave me some second hand cringes while reading this.  That said I still rated this one 3.5 stars which I think is a pretty good indicator of how good of a reading month this was!

Bookish Armchair Travels


Domestic:  I did a lot of traveling in the US this month - including a state or two that I didn't get to in 2023.  
I visited - Massachusetts, Washington, California, Vermont, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Alaska, Maine, Florida, and Illinois

International:  I'm off to a slower start internationally and only visited England (6 times) and Scotland this month.

How was your reading in January?  Where did your books take you?

6 comments:

  1. You've done so much in such a short time, travel and book wise. Keep up the great work, and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did have a good month. I've read your two favorites and your least favorite. Paige was TSTL.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great month of reading. Ha England and Scotland is where many of us travel bookwise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. TSTL always drives me nuts. I keep thinking too that I shou,d keep track of where I visit with reads. that's such a neat idea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great reading month for you. Hope February is good too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Scotland is a great setting for a book. 📘

    ReplyDelete