Friday, February 2, 2024

Friday Fives - February TBR


I'm taking a bit of a break from my usual Friday Linkups to try something a little different.  I'm in a list making kind of mood so I thought I'd start making random five lists.  Sometimes they'll be bookish other weeks not so much. This is the first Friday in February so I'm picking out five books I hope to read this month.

1.  A Smoking Bun by Ellie Alexander - This is one of my very favorite cozy mystery series and I'm so looking forward to this newest release.  


2.  The Pleasures of Passion by Sabrina Jeffries - This cover makes me cringe but Sabrina Jeffries used to be one of my absolute favorite historical romances but as I stopped reading that genre I ended up with several of hers gathering dust on my review shelf.  This is one of them and since its February I figured I'd throw some romance in.  


3.  The Bookish Life of Nina Hill by Abbi Waxman - I got this on sale soon after it came out and fully meant to read it right away but somehow never got around to it.  It's one of the books I'm really excited to read this year.


4.  Pursuit of a Parcel by Patricia Wentworth - I'm reading a book off my Classic Mystery List this month and a book by one of my favorite authors that I haven't read so I'm really looking forward to it! 


5.  House of Shadows by Nicola Cornick - This was my TBR Tarot pick of the month.  The prompt was "A book that still has the shop sticker on the front".  I bought this used so it doesn't have the shop sticker from the store I bought it on from the front but the original owner apparently bought it at Wal-Mart and never removed the label so here we are!

What are you hoping to read this month?

8 comments:

  1. The Wentworth and Cornick books are my cup of tea. Like the Sabrina Jeffries cover too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had The Bookish Life of Nina Hill on my list for a long time. Maybe I will get to it this year.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed The Bookish Life of Nina Hill! It's a very fun book. Happy reading all of these. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look good. I have the Ellie Alexander series on my TBR. I really have to start it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am also a big Wentworth fan so am sure you will enjoy Pursuit of a Parcel. House of Shadows was even better - I like this author and think this is her best book so far.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't really read Sabrina Jeffries but I am all for an historical romance and as you say it is February.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you enjoy The Bookish Life of Nina Hill when you read it! I haven't read any of the others, but that one I really enjoyed. I hope you have a great reading month!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've seen The Bookish Life of Nina Hill around a lot, but I don't trust people's opinions on whether stories are Romance, or not, anymore... so probably won't read it. 😅

    ReplyDelete