The Broke and the Bookish and today's topic is a back to school theme. Who are the top ten characters that'd be at your table? Here's the top ten I'd want at mine!
2. Gilbert Blythe from the Anne of Green Gables series by L.M. Montgomery. I love Anne but I think I love Gilbert more. He's smart and ambitious but genuinely kind and helpful. He'd be one to tutor you in Algebra 2 and make you laugh so hard it seemed fun.
3. Miss Marple from Agatha Christie. You knew there was going to be an Agatha mention right? Miss Marple with all her knowledge of human nature would be the best person to gossip with. She'd know everything!
4. Elise Phillippe from Suddenly Last Summer by Sarah Morgan. I love her accent and her cooking skills would definitely come in handy. Plus she was pretty funny. Definitely BFF material if you could tune out her occasional tantrum.
Better Homes and Hauntings. He's geeky but fun geeky. He'd make superhero references and I could indulge my inner Doctor Who geek with him. Plus if I needed help in math and Gilbert wasn't available he could help me study.
6. Rachel Bertsche. So she's not a fictional character but I loved her book Jennifer, Gwyneth and Me and I could totally see us being friends.
7. Sara Stanley from L.M. Montgomery's Story Girl. She has an amazing voice and admits when she's feeling petty. Plus she always has great stories.
8. Brodie Monaghan from Half Mood Harbor by Donna Kauffman - He's sweet, he's smart and he's Irish! Of course he's welcome at my lunch table!
9. Kayla Green from Sarah Morgan's Sleigh Bells in the Snow. Definitely a good friend to have in school. She'd always know when things were due and she's probably let you copy her notes.
10. Ford Prefect from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Because sometimes you need an alien who knows his way around the universe.